Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by GrahamB, Sep 19, 2009.

  1. GrahamB

    GrahamB Guest


    Im new to BritsInBrisbane and finding it very helpful!

    Anyway, I have got a question for everyone who has had,has one now or is thinking of getting a WHV. My girlfriend starts her job in Princess Alexandra Hospital in November and is getting sponsored by QLD to go over (sorry im still in UK,Brisbane is still 'over there' to me :biggrin:) because its such a big move to do alone (and because i love her dearly obviously) I am going over with her. Now the thing is, I want to work for a year, I understand with a WHV i can only work for 6 months with one employer. I have a degree in History but as of yet, I dont have a career. I only have experience in Hotels, Retail and Bars (from working part time during University)

    Now...Finally...My question is, Will I have troubles gaining entry if my purpose to come over is too work? I dont think I could apply for a workers Visa because I dont match the Criteria. I obviously want to see the rest of the country, but really want to stay in Brisbane with my Girlfriend.

    Any feedback would be brilliant, and if you know of people in the same boat as me if you could tell me how they got on?

    Cheers guys :biggrin:

  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Hi Graham welcome to BIB
    For the information you need i strongly suggest signing up to our ''daddy'' site
    If you start a thread in the migration section we have quite a few agents who will give you some good (free) advice.
    If you have any problems let me know and i will start a thread for you
    Cal x

Share This Page