Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by Gill & Dave, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Gill & Dave

Gill & Dave New Member

Hi all, just been told that my husband's job has moved from 8 mile plains to Woolloongabba, we're emigrating on 6th Feb and I have done loads of research on the suburbs around 8 mile plains, now I have to start all over again! Does anyone know the Woolloongabba area, what is it like, what are the nice family suburbs around there? Any ideas appreciated! We have booked into the Brisbane holiday village for 4 weeks, this was right on top of 8 mile, so now we have to find out where this other place is now!! Thank you for any replies, Gill xx

2. andie74

andie74 New Member

hi gill & dave

we shop a fair bit in carindale thats nice and carina are nice areas if you will have a car the commute wouldnt be to much

3. Gill & Dave

Gill & Dave New Member

Thanks Andie I will take a look!

4. thehousehunters

thehousehunters New Member

Hi Gill & Dave

Woolloongabba is about 5 mins from the city so close and convenient. Look at areas such as Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Holland Park, Greenslopes, Tarragindi, Holland Park West, Mount Gravatt, Mount Gravatt East and Annerley. These are close to the city and close to Woolloongabba - easy for husband to commute and great for you to have a social life.

These suburbs are all driving distance to Carindale Shopping Center or Garden City Shopping Centre and all offer public transport options.

You could alternatively stay at 8 mile plains (bit a pain with traffic commute in the morning and afternoons as hubby will travel with traffic and once you get to Garden City going home its terrible in the afternoons and getting to Garden City in the morning is also terrible) BUT you can still happy live in 8 Mile Plains and commute each day, its not that far at all.

Tarsi

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013