Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by srp, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Kelly Clan

Kelly Clan New Member

Not at all..i remember my mother talking about it:wub:

2. Burns Clan

Burns Clan Guest

Coatbridge, near Glasgow...............hopefully in Brisbane by Sept .........if we ever sell this house!!

3. Kelly Clan

Kelly Clan New Member

I'm from Paisley, just outside Glasgow. OH is from Renfrew. We lived in Kilmarnock before emigrating to Adelaide in 2004.
    Been in Brisbane for 1 month now.....so far so good:smile:

Jackie

4. srp

srp No longer active member

Hi Welcome to BIB, hope everything goes smootly for you and you manage to get over here in September, just in time for an Australian spring:biggrin:

5. clan mac

clan mac New Member

Hi Clan Mac here
    not posted on here for a while so here goes! We are from Mount Vernon in Glasgow and hope to be in sunny Oz by summer 2011.

hugs clan mac x

6. srp

Hi Clan mac,

Nice to hear from you again, hows things going with your application? If I remember correctly Ian was going for his skills assesment and you were waiting for the new SOL list being published.

7. clan mac

clan mac New Member

Hi Colin,
    Thank you for your kind and quick response, I love this site - promise to visit more!
    We have submitted the paper based vetassess paperwork but our agent thinks it is likely that Ian will undertake his practical asessment around September or October this year, hopefully then we can lodge our application provided we get a positive skills assessment. Unfortunately Ian was made redundant again this April (he was also made redundant last April) but as always he has managed to find work again right away. It is depressing but it has strengthened our resolve to get to Australia, because we really believe that we are doing the right thing. This forum and PIO is full of great people who are willing to give people like us the benefit of their experiences and expertise, how nice that you remembered our story. You guys are great!

hugs

clan mac x

8. hugh&isis

hugh&isis New Member

We from sunny Glasgow. lol

9. MrsE

MrsE Guest

Hi

We are from Fareham in Hampshire.

10. Vicheh

Vicheh Guest

Kenilworth/Coventry, Warwickshire!

11. Borny

Borny Guest

Born & grew up in Jersey, but lived for 13 years in Birmingham. 4 weeks till Brisbane!

12. srp

Hi Borny,

I have to ask, (just being nosey), why leave Jersey to live in Brum?:biggrin:

13. Borny

Borny Guest

I get asked that a lot. Mostly a career decision, but also Jersey wasn't for me... I'm a city boy at heart :)

14. srp

Well if your a city boy at heart, you should love Brisbane, good luck with the move. :biggrin:

15. Hi i'm originaly from Burnley Lancashire hubby is from Tewksbury but moved to lanc's area at aged of 10/11. We now live in sunny Seaford Adelaide but hoping to move to QLD sometime this year (just need to sell up) Been here 5 years but there is something missing here just hope we find it in QLD

16. Hi we are from Blackrod,oh born and bred in Atherton,lancs.Anyone else out there from Wiganish and Boltonish?

17. KaylaJay

KaylaJay Guest

:laugh:I'm from Solihull-Birmingham now in Cleveland Brisbane, HB is from Brighton and we have the 1st Aussie baby.

18. GoldCoastMag

GoldCoastMag Guest

Long, long ago I left the midlands for Queensland in my 20ies, just never went back. Just spent 5 years overseas and knew where I wanted to be. Now I am home loving the gold coast once again, and being able to see kids and the grandchildren when ever we want

19. srp

Hi Goldcoastmag,

Welcome to BIB,

What part of the midlands did you leave, there are a few of us who are ex midlanders:laugh:

20. guest1919

guest1919 New Member

South Wales ..... to Fleet ....... to Brissy !!

Very spooky - didn't know you lived in Fleet??!!