Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lesleybruck, Feb 12, 2013.

1. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

thought would be fun to ask questions and see what people say

Where did you originally live before oz? at present still in uk

why did you move? want more out of life for kids and us.

good or bad decision? hope to be good decision.

2. kelsb21

kelsb21 New Member

Hi

The Bailey family live in south Cheshire. My husband left forbBrisbane on the 6th/2/13 to start building our new life in Brisbane. Can't wait to join him. So excited that things have actually started happening.
    We made the decisions to move because of work, the recession and money but above all to get a better balance between us both working and being a family, spending lots more time with our childeren.

It wasn't an easy decision to leave the UK and let me tell you the goodbyes are really hard. I wouldn't change my mind one bit. its so the right thing for us to do.

3. cal

cal Super Moderator

Where did you originally live before oz? We flicked between the Uk (Manchester) and Spain (Murcia)

why did you move? For something new, an adventure, better weather, more family time and more outdoor time

good or bad decision? Its hard at first but if you precivere you can have a great lifestyle, we are 6 years in and have no regrets as yet..

Cal x

4. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Lived in Manchester moved to Melbourne and now in Cairns, no regrets although at times hubby has pangs to return home.

5. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

Im not even there yet an i know missing my family is going to be bad :frown:

6. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

We probably speak more to the rellies now than what we did in the UK, especially with Skype and FB etc.

7. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

i miss my family, but as Kate has said Skype and other interactive media does help ... also I think the quality of life, the climate, the quiet, the lack of government interference do help to alleviate the pain a little .... I don't feel Big Brother quite as much here as I did in the UK, yes he is here, but he tends not to bother us as much :unsure: he is baby brother.

i am originally from a town very close to the cavern .....

8. Pili Pala

Pili Pala Guest

Hello,

I am originally from Wales and have moved to QLD 5 weeks ago :)

I am here with my husband and 3 sons and have spent the last 4 years in Azerbaijan.

We have moved here with my husbands work, and for a better quality of life for the children and us as a family.

Its only been 5 weeks, but so far so good! :jiggy:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
  9. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

It great to see why people move and where they are from and why move. Why move seems to be for the same reasons and we seem to be from everywhere lol