Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by lynn young, Jun 14, 2010.

  1. lynn young

    lynn young Guest

    Hi everyone, Can anyone advise me on what to do first in the emmigration process? I was planning to apply to register for the Queensland nursing registration in the first instance but I am unsure of what visa I could go on. I have a brother in Brisbane who will sponsor me and I can initially stay there too if necessary but I hoped to get a sponsored position within a mental health hospital around the Brisbane area which I hoped would assist me to relocate. I am almost 42, married with one child aged 11 and one pet dog to go. Can anyone help me?:smile:

  2. srp

    srp No longer active member

    Hi Lynn,

    First of all i would look at a couple of migration agency sites, I have suggested a couple of known reputable ones below. On these sites you can normally fill in an enquiery form and the agents will call you back and you get a free 15 min phone call to tell you your options, and what you need to know. Then you can decide if you want to apply for the visa yourself or if you want an agent to do it for you. But at least this way you should have some idea of what the process is for you.
    I think you have to do a IELTS exam to prove you have a good command of English language for nursing positions.

    Visa Bureau - Global visa and immigration services

    Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax and Financial Planning for Australia

    If you do decide to use an agent, make sure they are reputable and a registered migration agent.

    Good luck with your visa adventure
  3. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    As Colin says its best to consult an agent so you know EXACTLY what is involved and the appropiate costs.
    One thing i would say is as you are under 45 and have a medical proffesion ,it would be better for you to try and get Permanent residency rather than sponsership. If you have PR it can makes much easier for you financially once you are here.

    Good Luck with everything, getting a visa sure is stressful but its worth it in the end,lol

    Cal x
  4. Luke

    Luke New Member

Share This Page