Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by Love Shoes, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

Haggle ..... I was really shocked when a fellow member told me to haggle for electrical appliances and furniture, really shocked as this was something I had ever really done in bazaars ... but I tried it when I arrived and started the process of buying fridge/freezers, washing machines, I have today had $150 knocked off the advertised price of a tumble dryer, this was one if the best pieces of advice given to me, along with the advice to get my driving licence sorted more or less as soon as I arrived.

hope this helps,

2. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

Great advice all these little bits really help, keep them coming lol

3. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Also play one company off against the other, even calling their bluff and threatening to leave the store. Even different JBhifi stores will try and compete. Our best discount was at Forty Winks when we first arrived we got $1000 knocked off. Then at Dick Smiths I asked for a discount they started off with $50 in the end I got $450 knocked off.

4. Love Shoes

Even small appliances too .... I have had discounts on coffee machines, steam mops, vacuum cleaners, kettles, rice cookers, in fact nearly anything with a plug on it.
    the electrical stores such do reduce, but I haven't come across this in stores like Target and K Mart, even though we have both found exchanging goods to be extremely easy, just remember to keep your receipt and box ..... we bought a fan the other week from Bunnings it was ok, but not brilliant, we packed it up and returned it and got a full cash refund .....

5. thehousehunters

thehousehunters New Member

There are also plenty of websites where you can get find appliances etc for better prices than retail stores. check out www.appliancesonline.com.au also ebay has many great deals. Happy shopping!

6. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

oh my god thats amazing!

7. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

My OH walks off when I start he is so embarrassed lol

8. Love Shoes

yes mine is the same, I always love it when it's the last one ... no box, then say, 'can you knock anything else off seeing as there's no box', they always do, even though I've already negotiated one discount, anyway why do I need a box lol .....

9. Nicnic

Nicnic New Member

Im to shy to haggle, might need to treat one of you lovely people to a coffee so you can do my haggling!

10. Love Shoes

I was too, the only time I hd haggled was in Rhodes and Egypt and didn't really get too far, but I soon got the hang of it, it becomes second nature here.

11. MrsMaslin

MrsMaslin Guest

haha we are the same!! i cant bare it!!!

12. victoria89

victoria89 New Member

So do you also buy furniture online? Look maybe here you will find something oryginal to your home?