Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Love Shoes, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

We were supposed to be doing a BBQ ... But rain has stopped play, so it is one of our favourite pasta dishes, crispy bacon, spaghetti, roasted red peppers, parsley, dried chillies, lemon juice and zest, it is delicious ... And simple, the bacon preparation takes a bit of time, but it's worth it ....

if anyone wants the recipe just ask ....

whats cooking in your kitchen tonight, and most importantly whose cooking ........

2. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

I think you should have to provide the recipe when they sound so good.

3. Love Shoes

I have just had a peek online but it isn't on the Nigella website, I shall write it up tomorrow .... And a couple other quick fixes ....

4. Gill & Dave

Gill & Dave New Member

Hiya, I'll have the recipe for that if you don't mind, it sounds delicious! We've been here nearly two weeks and I can't get my head round what to buy so we've been having takeouts and/or spaghetti bol which is getting a bit boring now. Cheers! Any other quick family recipes will come in handy if anyone has any!

5. Love Shoes

I will do it shortly ... Promise

6. Love Shoes

Pasta with pancetta, parsley and peppers by nigella.
    i used bacon instead, I don't like pancetta, it's too fatty .... But it's a personal choice.

1 tsp garlic oil
    1 x 150g smoked streaky bacon or 140g pancetta or 200g smoked lardons ..... Snip the bacon
    1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes.
    zest and juice of 1 lemon
    2 x 15ml tablespoons cold water
    190g drained weight, chargrilled or flame roasted peppers from a jar.
    20g bunch parsley
    250g spaghetti
    salt and pepper to taste.

put on a big pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
    heat the oil in a medium sized heavy based pan, one big enough to take the pasta later, I use my wok.
    fry the bacon, until it starts to crisp, then add the dried chilli, grated lemon zest and juice, and 2 table spoons water.

let this mixture bubble for a minute. Scissor the drained peppers (still in their colander) into bite sized pieces, then add these to the pan with half of the chopped parsley.

salt the pasta ... I never do. Fish out a small cupful of pasta water just before you drain it. When the pasta is cooked, drain loosely and tip into pan of bacon/lemon et .....

toss everything together well, and add more pasta water if you need it, then season and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.

i like to add chilli oil to my dish but only after I have served it, it can be quite spicy as is. This meal looks nice too, and is great for a quick family store cupboard fix or to impress friends, when you don't want to spoil an evening slaving over the hob.

i will try to take a photo out of my recipe book and post. I have another spaghetti recipe with prawns, rocket and white wine, which I will post tomorrow .....

enjoy .x x

7. Love Shoes

image.jpg Pasta and bacon recipe as above

8. Love Shoes

image.jpg This is the other spaghetti recipe .... If it can't be read I will type up, just thought it was quicker this way, hope it works

9. Love Shoes

image.jpg These are yummy, and easy, serve with baby boil potatoes and seasonal veg ... I will photograph to entice ....

10. Love Shoes

image.jpg Yummy chicken pies ....

11. tink

tink New Member

..........a good standby...........with a salad or even on its own.............is zucchini slice..........nice and easy.........and you can change and add different ingredients.......!

5 eggs
    150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
    375g zucchini, grated
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    200g rindless bacon, chopped
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil

..........Step 1
    Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
    Step 2
    Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
    Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
    Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

12. tink

tink New Member

..........my kids like these...............often a good lunch box filler...........Roast pumpkin and feta tarts.....

275g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
    1 tbs olive oil
    1 (25 x 25cm) sheet butter puff pastry, just thawed
    180g (3/4 cup) fresh ricotta
    1 tbs chopped fresh thyme
    12 pitted black olives, halved
    1 1/2 tbs pine nuts
    60g drained marinated feta, crumbled
    Fresh thyme sprigs, to serve

.....Step 1
    Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
    Place pumpkin on tray. Drizzle oil over.
    Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
    Bake for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.

Step 2
    Increase oven to 220°C. Line a second baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
    Cut twelve 6cm squares from pastry.
    Prick each square with a fork and place on tray.

Step 3
    Place ricotta and chopped thyme in a small bowl.
    Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
    Spread over pastry. Top with pumpkin, olives, pine nuts and fetta.
    Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
    Top with thyme sprigs and serve.

13. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

all those sound great, i enjoy cooking so ill try those. im doing cupcakes today an in the morning as sons bday and got his friends coming round. went on a course few weeks ago will put some pics on next week. got another course in a couple of weeks to learn how to decorate to look like mini gardens, rabbits eating carrots etc

14. tink

tink New Member

.......please post pictures of the rabbits and things.........are they marzipan or icing.....?
    ........love to see the cakes decorated............!

15. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

The rabbits are icing and sugar paste. i will put on some pics of the cupcakes i have made so far. i will put others pics on when completed course.

16. tink

tink New Member

........look forward to seeing them.........!

17. tink

tink New Member

..........well son staying at his brothers again..........so it's dinner for one.........though I do make twice the amount .so I can heat the rest up the next day if I am busy...................or one of the sons will eat it at lunch........

.........Salmon and Veggie Stir Fry.....

....3/4 – 1 lb salmon, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.....1/4 teaspoon salt
    ......pinch fresh ground pepper

.....1 good handful of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
    ......1 good handful of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
    .......1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin.............though choice of veggies is what's in usually....!

........1 1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
    .........1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    .........1 tablespoon grated or minced ginger
    ..........2 garlic cloves, pressed in garlic press or minced very small
    ............1/4 teaspoon honey,

..............Heat a nonstick wok over medium high heat.
    ...............Season salmon pieces with salt and pepper.
    ................Spray wok with cooking spray and add salmon to hot pan.
    .................Cook fish gently, turning occasionally as each side starts to turn pink and cooked through.
    ..................Transfer fish to a plate and keep warm.

In same pan, add asparagus, broccoli and onion. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.

................While vegetables are cooking, stir together soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and sweetener of choice in small bowl.
    ...............Pour over vegetables in wok and cook for about a minute longer, constantly stirring. Spoon vegetable mixture over salmon and toss gently before serving...............!

18. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

as promised some pics of my cupcakes
    cupcake.jpg cupcake 1.jpg cupcake 2.jpg cupcake 3.jpg cupcake 4.jpg

19. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

20. Love Shoes

wow what beautiful cup cakes!

i am trying to lose a bit of weight, but i could make an exception here :yes:

do you make them as a hobby or professionally ?If not you should do they are gorgeous x x