Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tink, Feb 7, 2013.

1. tink

tink New Member

.......Nearly valentines day.........What are you getting your OH......?

Japanese FabCafe sells truffles from 3D scans of its customers

WHAT'S sweeter? The chocolate truffle, or that it comes in the shape of your face?

A Japanese cafe has come up with a new way to prove you're the sweetest thing this Valentines Day.

Chocolate truffles.

With your face on them.

The innovative cafe in Shibuya, Tokyo, is offering its female customers the services of a 3D scanner.

A customer has her face scanned, and the image is then manipulated in 3D software to create a silicon mould.

Japanese website IT Media reports FabCafe takes an image of a face before printing a silicon mould.
    This is then filled with chocolate truffle.

The indulgence costs about $65 and is limited to women only. It is a tradition for Japanese women to give chocolate on Valentines Day.

Japanese men get a chance to return the favour in March, on White Day.

...........not sure I like that idea.........my youngest was born on valentines day..........so will wrap him up and give him to OH.............then have a day out by myself somewhere nice..........lol...,!

.............any other ideas for the day.......?

2. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

The same as last year ..... Nada :wink:

3. tink

tink New Member

.......wrapped .......or as is ?.......

4. Love Shoes

As is lol, or if he takes me out lol, wrapped in something nice and silky :wink:

5. Love Shoes

Oh well what a disastrous Valentines day! :rolleyes: Oh has got a bad back, so I am off the hook in that department :wink:
    but before he did his back in he booked us in for a meal, at the re opening of a local restaurant .... It is one of those place your order, get your drinks and then they give you one of those plastic gadgets that buzz when your food is ready ..... which is a good ideas until it all goes dreadfully wrong ...... When we were ordering I asked if they do Prawns in breadcrumbs as a starter, yes it's $16, so we ordered a plate of those to share, mains I ordered reef fish and sweet potato fries (because they are usually hotter than the original 'coolish', fries .... oH ordered Flake and fries ..... we took our soft drinks and went to our reserved table ..... All pretty good so far ..... :yes:

Then the green buzzing gadget buzzed .... I got up and took it to the serving hatch, I waited ages, whilst the one server was serving drinks .... finally I was given a plate of cold prawns ..... so I explained I had ordered crumbed prawns, this caused a bit of confusion ..... I then had to pay an extra $8.50 for the cooked prawns .... I gave my debit card and was told we have a minimum spend so I bought a can I'd diet coke ....I was at pains to say we wanted the starter as a starter and the mains after the starter, 'no problem', ok, so the buzzer goes off ten minutes later, and again I waited watching people's food going cold under heat lamps whilst drinks were being served .......

the prawns were surprisingly tasty and hot ...... now for the main course, which I noticed when I took my empty plate back ... Was sitting there amongst a load of meals .... I sat back down, then surprise, surprise my greed gadget went off again, I waited again, yes you've got it whilst drinks were being served .... I took the meals back to our table, felt the fish which was quite hot, but not as hot as it should have been, the fries unfortunately were Luke warm, my oh's were cold, so I did what I have been threatening to do when we have been given inferior meals, I returned it and asked for a refund.

They gave oh a refund as he had paid and as for me I was $11 out of pocket, had 6 crispy prawns, and now back home in my PJS and slippers ......:arghh:

6. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

So you did manage to get out that's good. I've been sat in the car for last 2 hours waiting for the kids, every day during the week is packed with their activities, we may go to the pictures tomorrow although we have my youngest with us.

7. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Feeling really down today with my health its been so many years of this and that I've finally got to breaking point.

8. Love Shoes

Hugs Kate, if ever you need to talk, just email me, or I can send you my number x x
    you take care Hun x x

9. tink

tink New Member

...........here Kate as well if you need anyone.............
    ...........any illness ..........it does get you down...........you don't have to be cheerful all the time....
    ...........sometimes it's good to be angry and fed up................just let go...............then when you have let go of some of the weight.........................you can bounce back up...................take care.........tink x

............as its the youngest a birthday ..............we don't usually buy each other anything......

.............but as OH has been an absolute.........@*5£.......... This time he has been home...........I treated myself to a box of roses from the iga............I am sat with a glass of wine and have picked out my favourites...........I have given the rest to him............I have rewrapped an orange cream......... (one of his dislikes lol)...............in a nut wrapper................as I know he just opens them and pops them in his mouth without looking.............lol........!.

10. Geraldine

Geraldine Super Moderator Staff Member

KTee hope you feel better soon, Tink that was so funny, my dear OH has always been an old romantic and sure enough has not let me down this year. A lovely pair of heart earrings . I'm a lucky girl.......who knows I may make him a lucky boy lol xxxx

11. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Oops how embarrassing, apologisies Tink I didn't mean to hijack your valentine thread, I thought I was on IKNOWC :embarrassed::no:

12. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Tink I'm laughing about the re wrapping of the chocolate.
    Geraldine you are a very lucky lady.

13. tink

tink New Member

..............lol..........think it's IKEWC.............( everyone instead of none.....lol)..............about valentines............
    ..............though I do wish I hadn't eaten quite so many chocolates...........!

14. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

My middle son got some chocolates and a card sneaked in to his bag at lunch break, so I was eating a couple of his last night, I'm not a chocolate person really but I do like Ferrero Rocher