Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by Jems33, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jems33

Jems33 Guest

Hi,

My husband is hoping for a transfer with the company he works for in the UK, to an office in South Bank, Brisbane.

I have a cousin that lives in Thornlands and she praises the area, schools etc... Does anyone else live in this area or nearby that could give me some further information on the facilities, schools..... Thanks.

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

It is a popular area for migrants and im sure we have a few members living that way on, so hopefully they will be along soon..

Good Luck with your plans
    Cal x

3. fish.01

fish.01 Member

It is a popular area for British immigrants so it is a bit self fulfilling in that each one recommends to the next. While you may like Thornlands just be aware that you do not need to live that far from South Bank to find similar areas in regards to schools, family life etc.

4. Jems33

Jems33 Guest

Thank you both for your help.

I quite like Cleveland and other areas, they look really nice.

5. thehousehunters

thehousehunters New Member

Hi

Thornlands is lovely however, you would need to consider how long your husband would want to travel for. Thornlands to South Bank is approximately 40 minutes in no traffic by car. Add traffic and this could be 1 hour or more per day per way by car. With transport the commute will be approximately 40 minutes by train from Thornside Train Station.

The House Hunters

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013