Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by Mark and Jo, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Mark and Jo

Mark and Jo The MadHatters

What (apart from the waiting time!!LOL!) have you found was the hardest part of the emigration process?

2. So far it has been the skill assessment, and aswering all the people who keep asking when are you going but I am sure it is going to get harder. Hopefully medicals will not be too dificult as I have them booked fo tomorrow, I expect the hardest part will be the moving, especially with the housing market here in UK at the moment.

3. alles

alles New Member

:frown::frown:The hardest part was to pay all that money to the aus government for TRA and get here and be told that it is worthless and you either need to go back to tafe and do a rip off course or need to get all your certs swapt over to aussie ones. If I was to do that for all the things I had back in england it would cost me about $6000 as they say they cant just swap them over {what a load of **** **just another way to make revenue out of the imigrants.:frown::frown:

4. cal

cal Super Moderator Staff Member

Saying Goodbye ,,even for a big tough nut like me it was soul destroying ,the most frustrating part was the waiting for a final answer of the visa man!!!!
    regardless i still love this place and wouldnt swap back for love nor money.
    Cal x

5. Clippo's

Clippo's Guest

Leaving my beloved Hull FC behind!!!!
    Also leaving family & friends was difficult and although that is one of the main things on your "con list" nothing can prepare you for it and you have to experience it to know how it feels.
    Having said that we are loving it here and our 2 children are having a blast!!!!

6. The Duds

The Duds Guest

In one word or three letters TRA, it was really hard to get all the info they wanted and if you fail you could not even apply for a visa.
    We passed so worth it in the end.

Mark

The Migration Place