Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sreejeshonchiyam, May 29, 2012.

1. Dear friends,
    I want to migrate to Australia with my old parents . is the skill migration allows us to bring my parents with me during migration to Australia or not ...............................................
    :wideeyed:anybody have any idea kindly advice:unsure:

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

They would need their own visa, have a look on the immigration website for information on the parent visa. Calling an agent may also help you understand what they are required to do / have in order to be a succesful applicant.

Cal x

3. Em_10

Em_10 New Member

Hi there;
    Parents will have to apply for their own visa - they have a few options: Contributory Visa (where they pay a fair share of cash to get in to Australia, and the waiting time is probably 12-18 months). Non-contributory Visa (they pay a small application fee however the wait time is huge - currently about 10 years or more!). Aged parent Visa (they must be over 65 and also have a significant amount of money to be able to support themselves throughout their retirement in Australia - think it's currently about 500K they have to have in assets or something like that.) All this information can be found on www.immi.gov and they will have more specific information regarding each visa. Hope this helps?!