Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Renting & Real Estate' started by Mitney, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Mitney

Mitney Guest

Hi,
    hope someone may be able to help. I am looking to arrive in the Caloundra area with three children at the end of March/ beginning of April and we will need to find a short term rental in the Caloundra / Golden Beach or Little Mountain area. Ideally I am looking for around a month to give us time to find a longer term rental when we get there. I have tried a few sites but as it is over Easter they are really pricey and you seem to have to pay a nightly fee. I would really appreciate any help.
    thank you.

2. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

I might actually know of a break lease, a friend is renting in Caloundra but has found work elsewhere, I will email them ...

3. milliem

milliem New Member

Thanks for the mail Shoes :wubclub:

hey there

I am renting in Caloundra and looking to leave to get closer to work 100 Km north.
    My place is probably too small for you guys though as we just have very small a two bedroom villa. The second bedroom won't be big enough for three children to share. Easter is a tough time to rent as the holiday rental prices sky rocket to over 1000 per week. I don't know of anyone else unfortunately. when we first arrived we rented a two bed unit at Seafarer Chase which was pretty reasonably priced; around 100 per night peak season. The units are old fashioned but really spacious and in a great spot. If you are organised / application ready and view properties on the day of arrival you could be in a long term rental within a week. There are plenty of longer term properties around. I found the better / more efficient agents were Henzells, David Millar and Sea Side Real Estate Golden Beach. There were a couple who forgot / didn't even turn up to appointments.

We are in the centre / Bulcock Beach which is mostly apartments / duplexes.

For families, Dicky Beach, Golden Beach, Moffat Beach, Little Mountain, Kawana, Parearra, Pelican Waters are all really nice.

I don't know much about local schools sorry. I didn't get any reply from the high school when we initially enquired with them. I opted for private where I work.

If you need any help with anything let me know.

Millie x

4. Mitney

Mitney Guest

Thanks for the reply and I will check those agents out. I am trying to get organised but it's not easy. I have been in contact with a few of the primary schools and they have been really helpful but obviously everything comes down to where I can find to live. Thanks again.

5. cal

cal Super Moderator

Id book sooner rather than later if looking at holiday type accommodation as your dates are on /near the school holidays and places get booked up quick.

Cal x