Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by Love Shoes, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

........living in Queensland means.........you may at some time come across some of our less desirable inhabitants............less desirable to meet that is.............and it's often a good idea to be able to identify what it is and is it venomous............the link below to qld museum .........is very interesting.....find out about .........animals of qld ........reptiles snakes...... Marine life,

http://www.qm.qld.gov.au/

I will add more information to this thread over the next few days.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

2. Mrsbrown

Mrsbrown Banned

I am scared of snakes do you get a lot of them in you're house.

3. tink

tink New Member

...........I don't think many actually get in the house.............especially in built up areas...............and even in rural areas it is rare............most snakes try to avoid you if they can.........

4. Love Shoes

tbh Mrsbrown I have never seen one, or a big spider, loads of geckos though, harmless but they pooh all over our terrace it is a full time job brushing it up, lol.
    we have screens and we keep them closed all the time, our neighbour has had a few snakes but he has a pool and they normally hide in his leaf collector ...

5. Love Shoes

Sorry about the link folks, it is now working, lol.

TINK ........ Where are you:biggrin:

6. tink

tink New Member

.........lol.........Internet keeps dropping out as I have 3 tabs open..............it's confusing this technophobe........lol...!

7. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

I hate spiders even a little one scares me lol ive been told to spray around the outside of the house does this work? we get spiders at home in the house in uk usually about 4 a year but normally the dog eats them, this is something ive got to stop her doing as coming with us to oz now, she wasnt coming up untill last saturday when the person who was adopting her called to say that the gentleman had been taken ill and was in hospital and could take her until was better. It totally threw me as id built myself up for her to go to a new home, i came off the phone and just burst into tears and hubby said shes meant to stay with us and we will find the money to take her some how so now shes coming to lol.
    We waiting for house to sell which is stressful but cant do anymore on that score. We cant come out untill June now as promoised eldest son he could go on trip to france with his school and friends as would be last time to go away with them.
    Really hopeing dont come across many spiders or snakes or bugs or anythings that crawls lol no chance have i

8. cal

cal Super Moderator

Good Luck with everything Lesley , the crawlies are not as bad as you will be expecting them to be,, yes alot of the spiders look like they are on steroids,lol but with good regular pest sprays and common sense its highly unlikely any harm will ever come to you..

Cal x

9. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Oh Lesley, sorry to hear the foster home fell through but I agree it's fate. What breed is she? I would recommend Bob at Petair for bringing her over, he isn't the cheapest but he is a vet and looks after them as if they were his own, I would even trust him shipping my kids lol.
    Where in Qld are you heading?

10. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Hi Mrs Brown, again it would depend on what area of Qld you eventually settle in. I won't lie in telling you that we get quite a few of them, but half of our garden is in the rainforest and we have over 100 hectares (I think that's right) of rainforest behind. We have had around 6 these have never once come inside the house, but then we have fly screens on all our doors. The ones we get our Scrub Pythons they are non venemous but are around 9 - 15ft long. So if they don't come in our house you are going to be fine.

11. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

Jessie is a dalmatian very naughty thou but so crafty and funny, she really smiles which is so funny as smiles very slightly and if you say bigger than that she opens her mouth really wide and grins!
    We are looking at the sunshine coast, hubby is fire alarm technician so a few alarm companies around that area. But to be honest we really dont mind as long as he can get a good job about hr away at most from work. He is going to QLD in May to have a look around and taking our eldest lad with him so he can give his opinion aswell, we cant all go as i think will cost us to much and i wouldnt be looking forward to the long flight with our 10 month old lol

12. Love Shoes

The Sunshine Coast is a good choice, when you move over and are settled in you must visit the Australia Zoo, I don't know the area very well myself, have only driven through, but I have never heard nothing negative about it, from what I have seen it is quite easy to get to the city of Brisbane, either by car on the Bruce Highway or some towns have a railway station ...... I bet you can't wait to move over, you will love it :yes:

13. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

i really cant wait, the kids are always talking about it and i would like to volunteer at an animal centre or the zoo as love animals and that would be my ideal career choice but i know not that easy so hope volunteering may be step in door. Unfortunatly may have to get a job thou instead lol how boring having to work lol