Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Renting & Real Estate' started by loup, Oct 10, 2008.

  1. loup

    loup Guest

    we are english,trying to move from melbourne to eumundi/noosa or tewantin,but we are finding it very hard to get a rental,any expats that could help? or advice?

  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Id personally book a hotel or holiday home for 2 weeks and just apply for the rentals when you arrive. Have all the paperwork copied ready to submitt and take it from there. As houses are rented so easily not many agentswill go that extra mile for you and most dont take youseriously until you are here and available to do an internal inspection. Good luck with everything
    Cal x
  3. Pabloke99

    Pabloke99 Guest

    Hi Cal and Loup,

    Could you please advise me what paperwork we will need to provide to the letting agent in order to secure a rental? Is it just a case of passports, bank statements etc, or are we likely to need anything else?
  4. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    most agents require you score 100 points per adult applicant ,,the easiest way to reach this is
    copys of passport
    copys of driving licence
    copys of paid up utility bills
    copy of paid up mortgage
    any refernces from previous lanlords(holiday homes /old house ,etc)
    refernces for your pet if you have one
    copy of a healthy bank statement showing name but account blanked out

    if you can bring most of the above copys ready to submitt with applications its much easier on the stress level,lol.
    Offering a few months rent up-front if you have yet to secure work is also a good tip

    hope this helps
    Cal x

Share This Page