Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Renting & Real Estate' started by Suzie Harris, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Suzie Harris

Suzie Harris Guest

Hi just wanted some advice on finding a rental on the Gold Coast.

We've just sold our house and are hoping to move over in November, December, January. We have never actually rented before and we need to know what documentation is needed for the rental agents. I have heard about references but as we've never rented what references can we have?

Please help :eek: thanks

2. Cal22222

Cal22222 New Member

Try on the main PIO site and search on this subject, there's alot of information on there about what's needed, we had a friends house as an address, and so could get a Queensland driving licence, which is one of the first things to do as it counts as 100 points for getting rentals etc, etc,
    Cal

3. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi
    You can still meet the points even without any Australian history... The more you can submitt the better ,but here is a list of ideal paperwork..

Driving licence (all applicants over 18)
    Passports / Visa page
    Paid up morgage or utility statements
    Copy of a healthy bank account
    Character refernces
    Covering letter explaining your new to the country hence lack of australian documents
    Medicare card (if you get it in time)
    Letter stating salary from Aussie employer (if not yet employed submit the bank account copy)

Hope this helps
    Cal x

4. Suzie Harris

Suzie Harris Guest

thank you for your help :jiggy:there's so much to think about x

5. Regarding the Medicare card, go see them as soon as you can when you arrive and you'll be supplied with a temporary document which you can use as your Medicare card until you get the actual plastic rectangle (the document, in my case, was a plain docket with my medicare number on it, but it worked everywhere a Medicare card was required).
    And if you need assistance in finding a rental, don't hesitate to drop me a line, I work for a real estate agency!
    Good luck with the Big Move!
    Philippe

6. Suzie Harris

Suzie Harris Guest

Thank you:smile:

7. cal

cal Super Moderator

I think some if not all of the outlets have stopped issuing the temporary cards and you just wait for your plastic one, so if they wont give one ,dont take it personal,lol

Cal x

8. Suzie Harris

Suzie Harris Guest

Thanks everyone - we won't be in too much of a rush to get a place anyway as some family have offered to put us up for a few months so that we can save a bit of money.