Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Rowan, Sep 30, 2012.

  1. Rowan

    Rowan Guest

    A general question... if I'm coming to AU (from the US) under contract to an AU employer, should I expect some relocation expenses to be compensated by my employer? This is common in the US but I don't know if it is in AU. Trying to figure that out...


  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    It seems to vary company to company, there isnt a set rule. Some people are lucky enough to get all expenses covered but some dont get any help. Its best to ask your employer then you know for sure what their policy is.

    Cal x
  3. Wendy

    Wendy Guest

    Hi Rowan,
    You would need to discuss this with your prospective employer. Relocation expense reimbursement (where you need to show receipts and claim these back) or a relocation allowance (where a nominated lump sum amount is paid to you) would be mentioned in a contract of employment in Australia.
    As to if you should expect this - that would depend on the employer and what was negotiated and agreed to by both you and the prospective employer.

    And, if you are coming to Australia on a 457 Visa you must have compulsory DIAC Compliant 457 Visa Health Insurance. The following website gives you competitive rates for that, PLUS (unlike most others) optional income protection insurance too. PLUS you can print your insurance certificate after payment. TO RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT enter code CWP1 when prompted. Go to:

    Best wishes for your move down under!

Share This Page