Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by kevdutch, Jan 5, 2009.

  1. kevdutch

    kevdutch New Member

    does anyone know the quickest wat to get residency and how long it roughly takes???? thanks

  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator Staff Member

    Sponsership is probably one of the quickest ways in but i highly recommend you wait and get an independant visa if you have the right trade qualifications.
    Sponsership ties you alot ,you cant get any financial help from the goverment (and they DO help familys a lot on arrival) and if for some reason things dont work out with your employer you have 28 days to find another sponser or you are out. In the last year i have known this happen to 2 familys, one unfortunately couldnt get another sponser and had to return to the uk , the others (fingers crossed) have found someone so hopefully it will work out and they can stay.
    You are also limited to a very basic Medicare cover if on sponsership and are void from most rebates and pay-outs.
    Personally i would only use sponsership as a very last resort due to the risks involved.
    Cal x
  3. kevdutch

    kevdutch New Member

    Thanks for the feed back. So are you saying that if i get an indipendant visa we will be classed as having PR from day 1? And will be entitled to child support ect??
  4. cal

    cal Super Moderator Staff Member

    Yes if you have PR there are numerous benefits you are entitled too whilst you find your feet and seek employment. The first time buyers grants etc will also be avialable to you.
    Cal x

The Migration Place

Share This Page