Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by lap70, Oct 10, 2012.

  1. lap70

    lap70 New Member

    Hi there - we are moving back in about a year but my Queensland licence expired at least 10 years ago. I have a British licence swapped for an Australian one (I originally passed my driving test in Melbourne so had a Victorian Licence and used this to get the British one and used my Victorian paper one to swap for a Queensland one when we first moved there - have been back and forward a few times). So I have heard that if you had a Queensland licence and it expires you have to resit your test? Not sure if that is the same if you have been living in the UK and driving on a UK licence. Does anyone have any info on this?


  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    I havent heard that you would have to resit your test so not 101% sure, but if you have a valid interstate or UK licence it should be a straight swap as it is for anyone.

    Cal x
  3. mr luvpants

    mr luvpants Guest

    Its a straight swap for your UK licence but has to be done within 3 months of arriving.
  4. JediRobs

    JediRobs Guest

    Hi Everyone, I landed in Brisbane and Aus for the first time 3 weeks ago. I have a UK licence, but aren't sure how I go about getting a QLD licence. Can anyone advise? I'll go through the process this week and let you know if a resit is required. Cheers, Rob
  5. the scottish smiths

    the scottish smiths New Member

    where do you go to swap the drivers licence?
  6. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Queensland transport have offices dotted all over, Brisbane, Beenleigh, Beaudesert etc ,just find the nearest one to you and pop along with all your ID and your old UK licence.

    Cal x
  7. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    To swap a standard uk licence to an Aussie one no test is required, you just 'buy' a 1, 3 or 5 year licence.

    Cal x
  8. WanderingStar

    WanderingStar New Member

    It's easy-peasy - you just need to go to the Department of Transport and Main Roads customer service centres (there's one in Elizabeth Street and another in Spring Hill, amongst many others). There's a form to complete and you need to take ID with you. I don't think you need to take a test (I didn't) as we drive on the same side of the road! Here's a link to the relevant page of their website, which should help:

    Good luck!

Share This Page