Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by claire pav, Jun 22, 2009.

1. claire pav

claire pav Guest

Hi guys...first ever post, in need of some help filling in our visa application 176 state sponsorship to Qld ( Many/Wynnum area).
    My husband is a taper with 20yrs experience and has just completed his AQFIII in wall and ceiling and we have subbmitted all this paperwork to assessed by the TRA. Our agents needs us to research and produce evidence in all areas (healthcare, employment, schools etc..) I have had some replies back but nothing of any use in relation to employment..I was wondering if any one is familiar with this area and could put us onto some companies we need to know if there is plenty of work and how much the wages would be?? but the hard part is actually producing evidence to submit with our application form.

We would very much appreciate any advice..

Many thanks

Claire, Saul and family x

2. Fred

Fred New Member

Hi Claire

I am sorry I can't help you with your application, but I just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with it all. I live locally, so if you have any questions about the area etc then I can help out with that.

Love

Fred
    X

3. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Claire welcome to BIB
    If you search for the white or Yellow pages on line you should be able to pull up all company's in your hubby's line of work in and around the Wynnum area. I would personally have a late night and give a few of them a call, it is pretty hard to get a response by e-mail and obviously you can't visit them in person! lol
    If you get stuck let me know and i should be able to help you out one way or another.
    Cal x

4. claire pav

claire pav Guest

Thanks for your reply, as you live locally I'm sure I will be calling on your expertise real soon!!!!!
    Thanks Fred.

5. claire pav

claire pav Guest

Thanks Cal, I will try some employment agencies and print off some relevant job positions... There seems be be some very friendly, knowledable and helpful people on here.
    Brilliant....Thanks

Claire and family

6. Australiadog

Australiadog Guest

Hi All!

I'm wondering if anybody can help. I too am applying for a sponsored visa via an agency and they are asking for an estimation of the cost of living in Queensland. I don't have an identified area as I have decided to take a job where I am lucky. As you can probably tell I'm applying for myself only so don't have any family travelling with me.

I've got details regarding accommodation costs, telephone/internet charges, costs for running a car etc but am a bit hazy about utility or anything else that I've just clearly forgotten or don't know about. I would really appreciate any advice anybody can provide.

I'm happy to be contacted by e-mail otherwise.

Thanks!

Julie

7. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Julie
    I will try to do you a quick run down of our costs, all are approx as i dont have the bills to hand
    Telephone & internet per MONTH - $ 225
    Rates per QUARTER - $375
    Car Insurance & Rego pr YEAR -$1000 (fully comp)
    Shopping pr week - $250

Hope this helps a bit, if you need more info just yell
    Cal x

8. Australiadog

Australiadog Guest

Hi Cal

Thanks for replying, really appreciate it.

As it would only be myself that I would need to support I'm assuming that some of the costs you mention such as food and telephone expenditure are for your family as a whole?

I'll be glad to post this off when it's done, it feels never ending!

Julie
    -x-