Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by GaryM05, Mar 30, 2011.

  1. GaryM05

    GaryM05 Guest

    hi there,i am gary from bellshill scotland who wants to relocate to south queensland.Anyone wi any good advice on best way to apply for permanent visa.Iam a carpenter and joiner thanks

  2. srp

    srp No longer active member

    Hi Gary,

    Welcome to BIB, Now first things first.... I have moved your post to a thread of its own so it will not get lost in the original thread.

    My first move would be to contact a Migration agent, the good ones will give you a free chat on the phone to assess your options.

    These two always come highly recommended

    Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax and Financial Planning for Australia
    Visa Bureau - Global visa and immigration services

    They will offer some advice and point you in the right direction.

    You do not have to use an agent, a lot do it themselves and save on the costs, that will depend on how good you feel about doing the paperwork and sorting out getting your skills assessed.

    We have a sister site that you may find helpful with migration questions.

    You should find plenty on there to keep you happy while you sort out your best approach.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  3. GaryM05

    GaryM05 Guest

    thank you,if i decide to do it myself do you know each stage i go about it and where i get the forms from ,thanks again
  4. srp

    srp No longer active member

    Hi Gary,

    There are things like skill assessments to go through and you may need to arrange state sponsorship to speed up the process. I did not come over on a skills visa so its not an area i know much about.

    On our sister site Pomsinoz there are a lot of carpenter/joiners who may be able to help with your questions.

    Take a look at the site and search the threads for topics that will help you.
  5. JennyP

    JennyP Guest

    Yes the best is if you are on the SOL list - the skilled occuipations list that they need in Australia. The only other way is to get sponsored by a business who offer you a job, but that is a lot more difficult.

Share This Page