Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by nickandvicky, Dec 2, 2011.

1. nickandvicky

nickandvicky New Member

Hi.. we are now looking at Ormeau.. looks great I've been told that Ormeau is a great area to live,

Loads of schools around - most with good reviews, I think Ormeau has 5 schools public ones

The Beach is 25 min's to surfers paradise

Theme parks are about 15 min's south towards to coast

40 min drive to Brisbane and the airport

Loads of people travel by train to Brisbane every day it takes about 40 min's !!!!!!!

But we have one worry, is there a lot to do there? My wife is worried it could be a bit remote, she doesnt want to feel isolated or cut off when I start work.. we have 3 kids aged 1, 4 and 6..

Anyone know much about the area?

2. srp

srp No longer active member

Hi,

I do not know much about Ormeau, other than it is part of the Gold Coast Hinterland and is a small community. I have lived in a small community and now live in an even smaller area (Population 900). what i can tell you about communities like these is that they are normally very friendly and will go out of their way to say hello and help you settle in. I suppose it will depend on where you are coming from, if you liv inthe heart of a big city it can feel quiet and isolated when you first move in, if you come from other areas you may find it is ideal, its hard to say how people will react to any area. If your wife drives then the Gold Coast is only a short journey away.

here is a link to a page about the area,

http://www.myormeau.com.au/

You may have already looked at it, but I thought it may be useful. When ever I am asked a similar question to yours there is one reply I always include. If you do not like it after 6 months or a year you can always move, and try somewhere else. Australia is a massive country and the UK can fit into QLD over 6 times, so there will be somewhere you will like. Nothing is set in concrete.

Good luck with your adventure.