Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by leahp, Jul 13, 2010.

  1. leahp

    leahp Guest

    Hello all,

    I am an Occupational therapist and my partner is a secondary music teacher. Next April i will have one years work experience as my partner will in July next year. It has been our goal right through university to move to Queensland. From what i can gather from the available information we cannot apply for a PR visa as we do not have 3 years experience. We will therefore be looking at a temp work visa 457. Can anyone tell me how hard/easy it will be trying to get an employer to sponsor either of us? If we do find employment am i right in thinking that after gaining 12 months Australian work experience we can apply for PR? Any advice would be greatfully received!:wink:



  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Hiya Leah
    Welcome to BIB. Its not easier to find a sponsor, especially if your not here to sell yourself in person, however, anyone with a medical profession do seem to find it easier than most. There are agency's who can do the foot work for you, or you can contact the hospitals recruitment services and enquire direct. I know of people who have been sponsered by a variety of hospitals in QLD, some public ,some private.

    Good Luck
    Cal x
  3. srp

    srp No longer active member

    Hi Leah,

    Welcome to BIB,

    I would agree with what Cal has said to you, medical proffesions have a better chance of being sponsored that some other proffessions. I would suggest you look up the Australian "White pages" and "yellow pages" telephone directory and email all the hospitals and clinics that may use an O/T. Remember that QLD does not just consist of Brisbane, look further away from Brisbane and you may not have as much compertition from other applicants.:biggrin:
  4. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Hi after what Colin said about searching outside Brisbane cbd, i did a search of SE qld for you as i know the Gold Coast is home to 3 or 4 hospitals/medical centres, then you have the Sunny Coast. Also lots of physio and other basic health needs etc is carried out outside of hospitals in the larger medical ctrs so don't dismiss them straight away.
    Here are some links for you to have a look at,, hope they help

    Work for Us: Location Profiles: South-East Queensland

    hospitals on gold coast - Google Maps

    gold coast hospitals public & private

    Hospitals & Nursing Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

    Cal x

Share This Page