Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by Misty, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Misty

Misty Guest

We just moved to North Lakes from the U.S.

We have been here 2 weeks. This place is peaceful and quite but a complete Maze.
    I can't find the grocery or the mall without a map. The parks are easy to find and
    everywhere so that's a plus.

Anyone else new here in North Lakes?

Misty
    :smile:

2. Rowan

Rowan Guest

This neighborhood was suggested to me by my employer. We'll be moving in January. It will be my partner and I and our 7 year old son. How is it? We are coming from SC.

3. Jersey Beans

Jersey Beans Guest

Hi Misty

How you finding things in North Lakes?

Kelly

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

LOL, Im wondering if Misty is lost on the estate,lol..

North Lakes seems to be a love it or hate it type of place a bit like Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast,, lots of houses on smaller plots for miles and miles but easy motorway access to get you places.

Cal x

5. Hi Misty

We to live at north lakes now for 5 years ( old part of north lakes bigger land size) we love it here because all the people in our street are very house proud

just like it was back home in East London ... uk. they say it little england here ... but we only have 1 family from the uk .. well i hope you find your way around north lakes .. and i will be looking out for the lady with the big map lol lol

6. Tango001

Tango001 Guest

Hi Lisa
    are the primary & high schools any good in north lakes

thanks Claire

7. Misty

Misty Guest

LOL, I am not lost anymore but you wont usually find me in the subs. I pick a beach and go. We spend a lot of time at the lagoon too. Too hot to do much else.

Cal it is a love it or hate it thing for sure. If I didn't live in this spot of North Lakes, I think I might hate it. We just ended up with a good lot.

Lisa we call our little area the Unites Nations. We have neighbors from Scottland, South Africa, China, England, Argentina and us...the American's. Fly all those flags
    and people are really confused about where they are. We are in North North Lakes. This area is a little older too. Very quite and the forrest in on one side of us. Keeps the house cool and the traffic down.

Claire I dont like the public primary here at all. The High school seemed a little better and probably ok. The teachers were very nice there.

Cheers (Yep, I have picked that up already)
    Misty

8. Georgia

Georgia Guest

Hi misty I live in north lakes but very close to shops etc so not too bad, how you finding it? I'm from uk been here over a year so getting used to it now!