Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by family5, Jan 17, 2014.

1. family5

family5 Guest

Hi there. We are planning a move from WA to Brisbane. Can anyone tell me the main difference between the suburbs of Kenmore, The Gap or Ferny Grove? I know that they are all green and leafy, but facilities wise which one is best?

2. Keith & Linda

Keith & Linda Member

Kenmore is southwest Brisbane it may well be the most green and leafy of the three, it has local shops and parks, it is near Indooroopilly which has the bigger shopping mall. The gap is a nice sought after area with not too many shops there is a shopping area at the far top end. Ferny grove is a bit far out but growing, and, unless they have built a shopping centre recently then you could well travel to The Gap or surrounding suburbs for most things.
    As local facilities sought both in type and nearness may differ between individuals then you really need to have a look around yourself before making a final choice.
    Good luck.
    Keith

3. family5

family5 Guest

Thanks for the insight Keith. They all sound great. We will be renting when we come, so I just suppose it will depend on the rental market and whats available where.

4. I have lived in Kenmore and have friends at Ferny Grove. Ferny Grove does have a train line that Kenmore doesn't - you would need to get to Indooroopilly for the train from Kenmore which is not a big problem but Kenmore has buses into the city very frequently (less than 10 mins). The proximity to shopping is much better at Kenmore as Keith says. Ferny Grove used to have a nice little sunday market/ car boot sale haven't been for a while to see if it is till there. Other than the leafyness of the gap there is not much to note. Kenmore has just had a new tavern built also. I would be leaning towards there only because I live there and I am a property manager there ;)