Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by julieMHnurse, Jan 25, 2013.

1. julieMHnurse

julieMHnurse Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Julie and Im a student Mental Health Nurse, currently half way through my course!

Im engaged and have 3 children and we are desperately waiting to move over to QLD. We've been working towards emigrating for 5 years by changing careers and both studying degrees to improve our lifestyle.

Id be happy to keep in touch with others in a similar situation or other people with children around the ages of 7 and 10 that would be able to give advice to my eldest children to help them settle in.

If there are any other MH nurses around Id love to hear your feedback, I currently have an interest in Acute units and would be hoping to go into this area in Oz.

At present the whole Visa decision is a bit undecided however we would like PR and maybe looking at SS depending on how long they would take to grant!

Looking forward to joining everyone in GC in the not so distant future!

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum..

Lotsof luck with your plans and in regrads to a visa, the quickest option is not always the best option, especially if you have children. If you qualify for PR , id apply for that even if it takes longer.

Cal x

3. julieMHnurse

julieMHnurse Member

Yes the plan is to go for PR as security is important to us. At the moment, we've been working towards this for 5 years (courses to get onto my uni course and then doing my uni course) and still another 2 to go so its nice to just aim for that date... Once we are there a delay of up to 12 months worst case scenario will seem like nothing, however I dont give up easily and have hopes of securing something early 2015!