Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Gra and Mich, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Gra and Mich

Gra and Mich Guest

Hi all!!

We're new to this site and wanted to introduce ourselves.

We have recently been granted our Visas to emigrate to Oz permanently and plan to head to BrisVegas around the beginning of October this year.

We figured one last summer in London would be cool before we head off to start the rest of our lives in Oz!!

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with driving licences.

We both hold British driving licences and I know that we will eventually have to convert them to Australian licences but was wondering if we will need to re-take our practical tests.

I think this was the go a few years back when we were over there in 05 - 06 but not sure if this has changed.
    If anyone has any idea i'd be grateful.

Thanks a lot,

Mich & Graham :rolleyes:

2. Rudi

Rudi Relocation Brisbane

Hi Mich and Graham

Welcome to BritsinBrisbane. You will have an exciting few months ahead of you! Lots of planning, but all worth it in the end!

Licences are easy these days! you just swap them over! Simple! When I arrived in 2003 I have to take a theory test, but they have scrapped that now.

Hope that helps

Love

Rudi
    x

3. srp

srp No longer active member

Hi Gra and Mich,

Welcome to BIB, congrats on getting your visa and good luck with the next few months of planning and your last summer in the UK.

As Rudi has already said, driving licence change is easy now, I arrived 10 months ago and it was just a case of taking suitable ID and the fee and swopping your licence over to an Australian licence.

You have 3 months to do the exchange from your arrival in Australia.

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Guys welcome to BIB,
    as the others have said Car and Motorbike are a straight swap, anything else requires a test at this end.

Cal x