Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Sun worshiper, Feb 8, 2011.

  1. Hi there everyone...hope your all well.
    Just joined about 20 min ago.... just wanted to say hi to you all and tell you a bit about me.

    Myself and my husband have been wanting to emigrate to Brisbane Australia for 6 years now and to be honest now im rearly trying to get the ball rolling.
    We also have 4 children too.
    I dont actually work myself (housewife) but my husband is a class 2 lorry driver... we have been told by an immigration agent that we can get out there on a 457 visa.... but thats only temporary (upto 4yrs) which worries me alot.... been told that we can apply to stay for good in that time but scared they would say no
    I have family in Brisbane (siblings) so we rearly want to join them.

    I was wondering if any of you have emigrated on the 457 visa and how it went... and if the chances of granting u to stay there for good is high?
    Also what are the driving jobs like over there and the pay rates? is it better than here in England.
    My husband is still a bit unsure about leaving his family ect and would be great if we knew it would be ok.
    Thankyou for taking the time to read my post and hope to talk soon

  2. srp

    srp No longer active member

    Hi, Welcome to BIB.

    Can I suggest you ask a couple of agents for their opinion about your visa options. I do not think your husbands class 2 license is transferable to Australia. You can swap a car license or motorbike but I do not believe anything above those can be exchanged, so he would need to take tests here.

    A couple of popular agents who will normally give you a 15 min free assessment are

    Go Matilda
    Visa Bureau Australia

    It does not hurt to get a couple of assessments and also ask what sort of time scale would be involved in getting the visa. Converting a temporary visa to a permanent visa Normally involves an employer sponsoring you for your PR visa.

    I would definitely recommend getting a couple of appraisals of your visa options and also the cost and time scale involved.:smile:
  3. Hiya,
    Thankyou for replying.

    I have seeked and done an assesment through thinkingaustralia who are an emigration company and they say that our only option with my husbands job is the subclass 457 visa which means that we have to have a sponsor by an employer to get us there.

    Do u think i should contact another company? have you heard of this company before? they do look to be very good.

    Thankyou again for your time.

  4. srp

    srp No longer active member

    To be honest i would Google the two name I have suggested and look at their pages and fill in your details for a return phone call to give an assessment of your visa. I have used Visa Bureau Australia and know them to be a reputable company, Also "Go Matilda" have a very good name and they are highly recommended by members.

    There is no harm in getting a few assessments and price and time guides for these things. better to be safe than sorry.

    Good Luck
  5. Thank you sooo much for your advice.

    I have just called Go Matilda and they said they have never heard of 457 visa for drivers.... but said she was going to look into it for me and email me back :(
    OMG this is very scary now because our chances might just get blown out of the water forever.... can only hope thinkingaustralia hasnt been feeding me a line BUT we will see.

    Thankyou im going to do that now

  6. srp

    srp No longer active member


    I hope they can find something for you.

Share This Page