Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by e13idowu, Oct 9, 2012.

1. e13idowu

e13idowu Guest

Hi there, I'm new to all of this but would be so grateful for any advice for someone whose just starting out. My husband and I are moving to Queensland around June 2013, we are coming on the 189 visa. I am a dentist and he is a general medical practitioner. We would love to settle in in Brisbane, sunshine or Gold Coast. Ideally a place that is family friendly close to a beach and laid back life style. Coming from London we are excited to leave the rat race.

Any advice would be fantastic!!

Thank you

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Between Brisbane,Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast there are too many nice family friendly places to list here,lol..
    Where will you be working as you will have to consider the commute ? what age are your children as where the nearest schools will play a part too ?

Cal x

3. e13idowu

e13idowu Guest

We currently don't have any but are thinking about it now and by time we get out we hope it will be something that's on the cards so schools arnt a pressing issue yet.

I guess its possibly best to travel around the area first then?

Looking forward to it. Will do more research over next few months and then hopefully be in a better position to decide where is best.

Thank you.

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

I would find the jobs first then look into areas,, if you secure a well paid job, say, on the Gold Coast it would be no good looking at areas North Brisbane or Sunshine Coast as the commute would be hideous and of course vice versa,lol.. Definately put sourcing work top of your to do list and work from there.
    If you cant find work prior to arriving id personally book somewhere central (in your case around Brisbane city) and explore both directions from there..

Cal x