Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BlueBell1997, May 8, 2012.

1. BlueBell1997

BlueBell1997 Guest

Hi Everyone

We move to the Gold Coast (Hopefully around Coomera/Helensvale) in 3 weeks.
    We have 4 children 10/9/6/9mths.
    My hubby is a Joiner/Carpenter & will be looking for work when we arrive.
    Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:wink:

2. tanya24

tanya24 Guest

hiya bluebell,
    Congrats on gettin your visas! my hubby is also a Carpenter & Joinery and we also have 4 kids (13,8,4 and 10mths). looks like we have alot in common! we're looking to get the PR visa and hubby will be taking the IELTS next month before we can put in our application, guess we have a long way to go before our dream of moving to Oz becomes a reality : (
    Hope everything goes smoothly (with the move etc.....) n let us know how the job thing goes once you've settled (for hubby). x

3. BlueBell1997

BlueBell1997 Guest

Wow defo a lot in common! :)
    What part of Australia are you moving to?

:)[

QUOTE=tanya24;11310]hiya bluebell,
    Congrats on gettin your visas! my hubby is also a Carpenter & Joinery and we also have 4 kids (13,8,4 and 10mths). looks like we have alot in common! we're looking to get the PR visa and hubby will be taking the IELTS next month before we can put in our application, guess we have a long way to go before our dream of moving to Oz becomes a reality : (
    Hope everything goes smoothly (with the move etc.....) n let us know how the job thing goes once you've settled (for hubby). x[/QUOTE]

4. tanya24

tanya24 Guest

Yeah we were thinking more in Cairn, (Smithfield, townsville or Edmonton). My 13yr old (daughter) been checking out schools in those area and really like Smithfield high school! i think it ticks all the boxes for her, as she is a sport addict!! Oh was the process of getting your visas ok or was it a nightmare getting all the stuff together, we're dreading it : (

5. Chrisd

Chrisd New Member

Hi BlueBell,Im new to this forum,we are also moving to the G.C in August/September, we are looking in the Robina area, we visited Helensvale in 2010 and loved it, trying to sell the business and house,we have had an offer on the business, we are going in on 163 visa, so will vbe buying or starting a business ,I think we will buy first, just less strain to reach our target.
    Well take care
    Chris

6. hi there just wondered how the move went , we are coming on the 5 august to helensvale area my husband is a ceiling fixer we have 3 boys 16,13,11 very nervous would love to hear how you went!

Cheers
    June

7. Chrisd

Chrisd New Member

Sorry, for maybe a bit of misunderstanding,we are only coming over in September,looking at Varsity lakes or robina, it has been a long haul for our family, house and business are nearly sold, but the saying goes money in the bank first.
    We are soo amped to start our new live in Australia.im sure it will be hard but, what you give is what you get back.I hope everyone that is in the phase of moving , that it all goes smoothly.
    Take care Chris

8. Em_10

Em_10 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member, this is the first thread I opened; I seem to have something in common with everyone here! My husband & I moved to Australia from South Africa in 2007, been living on the Gold Coast ever since - so any GC questions welcome! We love it here but are looking for a change as thinking of starting a family later this year. We are looking at moving to Far North Qld, Cairns and northern beaches to be specific; very excited, busy researching suburbs and places to live when I came across this forum. Hope all your Australian visa applications are going well; ours seemed so daunting to begin with but when everything is done it's such a relief. Bluebell - where are you moving to Gold Coast from? Are you up here yet - are you enjoying it? :biggrin: