Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Seventh Son, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Seventh Son

Seventh Son Member

Hi there everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm a print machine operator looking to migrate. My visa is in its final stages (hopefully) just waiting to do our meds.

Once my visa is granted we're hoping to go to Brissie. I've sent cold-call emails to quite a few printing companies but with very little response.

I was hoping that someone on here might be able to point me in the direction of potential employers.

I have over 15 years print machine experience and 7 years pre-press before that. I have mainly been in sheet-fed, running 6 colour U.V presses but I also have 5 years experience as a web number 2/1.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Unfortunately its very difficult to get a response to emails until your here in the country, even then ,though, not all will reply. Its much better to have a late night and call as many places as you can find who may have something in your line of work if its impossible for you to visit in person. Dont just reply to job ad's ,lots of migrants find work by cold calling and selling themselves.
    The white pages on line is a good source of company names and numbers.

Good Luck with everything and i hope you find something suitable soon.

Cal x