Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by missemilie, Feb 17, 2013.

  1. missemilie

    missemilie Guest

    Hello all, I am looking into moving to Australia with my boyfriend, we currently live in the US and are just looking for a change for the better and Australia (even though neither of us has been yet) seems like an all-around beautiful place. I would really appreciate all of the help I can get in terms of where to even start (the Visa website is SO confusing because I don't even know what the terminology is or how it relates to my situation and the Visa Wizard said there was no visas available for my circumstances). We are both natural born American citizens, with no ties to any family members or work or anything of that nature in Australia, we're just looking for a change. How would we acquire citizenship there coming from here in the US, safe places to live for a reasonable price (we'd need a spacious one bedroom but not too huge, the ones on look SO small and cramped!!). Also, my boyfriend works in retail for Walmart here in the US and has been for five years selling electronics, so what would you recommend him doing for employment out there? How hard is it to find a job overall? I work at a call center and all my previous job experience (6 years) is customer service. Also how easy is commuting to and from wherever you need to get to? I saw a post on how cars are expensive out there, we each have our own cars here in the US but would rather not have them shipped obviously because we don't have that kind of money (unfortunately). Any other info or advice you think might be helpful would help me out SO much! Thanks all! :)


  2. Ktee

    Ktee Administrator

    Can I ask how old you both are as you may qualify for a WHV
  3. fish.01

    fish.01 Member

  4. thehousehunters

    thehousehunters New Member

    I suggest the same may also want to contact a migration specialist within Australia, they may be able to help you or at least direct you where to go.

Share This Page