Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Renting & Real Estate' started by Sian1430, May 15, 2012.

1. Sian1430

Sian1430 Guest

Just as the title says really - we will shortly be looking for a rental property in the Brisbane area, ideally in Paddington. Generally speaking, when applying for a rental in Australia I'm aware that demand is high and supply is short, despite this are the agents / landlords open to offers on the rental price? If so has anyone actually managed to get a good deal?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Sian.

2. srp

srp No longer active member

I do not think you will be able to make offers, in some areas prospective tenants are offering more money to get a rental. You will find they have enough people after the properties to let them without any need to accept offers. If you did find a rental that the agency was willing to accept offers, then I would worry about what the area was like. :smile:

Colin

3. kerrywinder

kerrywinder New Member

1Hi, We arrived 4 weeks again and are looking around the Buderim area, we are offering 4 months rent up front to try and get the house we want, should hear tomorrow hopefully :wink: (everyone is a bit slower then UK) they are lots of people all going for the same house so very hard to get it unless you can prove you can pay it ! we had to give our bank statements from UK and Oz also our accountants letter proving that we still have a property and business in the UK and can afford to rent as we havent jobs yet. I will let you know who we get on. PM me I will email you stuff you will need.

4. teamv

teamv New Member

Hi we arrive in just over a week anything you could send us would be a great help ,we have left this last week for sorting out the last bits of paperwork and seeing friends and the accountant .

5. The market is so competitive in Brisbane at the moment that most properties out for rent all have 3 applications or more, so it is unlikely that the owner would consider a lower offer.
    Brisbane is a pretty safe city, so a house that stays on the market for a while doesn’t mean it is in a bad location. It is simply overpriced and a little patience may see a price reduction.
    If you have a limited budget or know exactly how much you want to spend on a rental, you can always contact agencies who will – most of them – keep your details in a database and let you know when something comes up that you may find worthy of interest.

6. Family0four

Family0four Guest

Hi,

Please could you let me know what stuff we will need to be able to get a rental :rolleyes: we move to Brisbane inMarch 2013.

Thanks,

Sarah.