Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Schools & Education' started by sandman, Aug 23, 2012.

1. sandman

sandman Guest

Hello everyone
    I moved to Brisbane from the UK in January this year with my husband and two sons aged 12 and 4. My eldest will be moving up to High School next year and we applied to two, Kenmore State High School and Brisbane State High School and he has been accepted into both! Our dilemma is which school? We are living in the Riverhills area where my husbands company relocated us to but are looking to settle somewhere nearer to the school we choose, (either in Kenmore or around Paddington or Graceville). Kenmore has a German immersion program and Brisbane has an excellent academic record. Does anyone have an opinion on either school or know someone who has been to one of them. I am unsure because they both seem to be good schools :unsure:

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi
    I have no personal experience of either, sorry.. Have you tried the School Comparison site on the Courier Mail website? also type the school names into google and see if throws anything up..
    Sorry i cant help more
    Cal x

3. Luke

Luke New Member

You have a tough choice on your hands I know people who have been to both. And I've never heard anything negative about either school... :unsure: So I wish you luck with making that choice and sorry I can't assist further.

I would probably, in this case, look at travel times and distance because they're quite far apart and both require you to travel around very busy areas at peak times!!

4. fish.01

fish.01 Member

I can only give you the background that Brisbane State High has long been considered Brisbane's best state high school. It is the only non private school that is a member of the GPS association meaning it plays its sports against the top Brisbane private schools...rowing, rugby etc if this interests your child. A lot of people move into the inner city catchment to get their child into the school. Kenmore has always had a good reputation as well from memory.