Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Angela.C, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Angela.C

Angela.C Guest

Hello. Firstly I would just like to introduce myself, as I am new to all this! I'm Angela (41) and I am married to Robert (45). We have 2 children Jordan and Jade who are 11 and 12. We have been planning our move to Brisbane for quite some time. We have our residency visas and are all set to go when our house sells! Rob is finalising his job in Brisbane and should be arriving in November and we will join him when the house sells. We have been trying to do research on areas to lives when we are all together and were wondering if you know good areas to live that is about half way between Brisbane city and either gold coast or sunshine coast please. We will probably rent first, but as we need to be catchment for school, where we rent must be in an area where we will end up buying, hence my worry! I would like a good school, close to amenities, parks and a family friendly suburb and close to railway links to Brisbane city. I know it's a long list but hoping you may be able to help. Looking forward to getting to know others who are making or have made the move!
    Angela x

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Angela
    Its almsot impossible to pin point an area until you here and you can have a good drive around. The areas vary so much and of course so do our opinions. Budget and the availability of rentals will also play a factor in where you settle. Realestate is a great site for looking at these things.

The Northern end of the Gold Coast is quite popular with migrants,, Ormerau, Helensvale, Pacific Pines seems to have a large ex pat community and would give easy access to GC or Brisbane, so it may be worth having a look there.

Good Luck with everything
    Cal x

3. Angela.C

Angela.C Guest

Thanks for your help Cal, we will check out those areas you mentioned. We have heard there is a north and south divide and varying opinions on which to live! Ideally moving to the other side of the world I would like to be about half an hour -3/4hr away from the beach but no more, and am wondering about the sunshine coast. Which would you recommend sunshine or gold coast? Thanks again for your help. Have you lived in Brisbane long?
    Angela x

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Ive been here almost 6 years now and Brisbane is great.

Both SC and GC are great places, very different in that the SC is quieter ,not as built up, hasnt got the touristy hustle and bustle but the downside is work, people who move up that way seem to struggle to find work . I personally like the GC its got the excitment,theme parks and tourist stuff if you want it and yet you can drive 10 mins and its like being in another world, the suburbs vary sooo much.
    The commute to Brisbane from either can be a killer so i would imagine this will play a big part in where to settle too.

Cal x