Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by PommyPaul, Feb 12, 2009.

1. PommyPaul

PommyPaul New Member

Help needed for flights from Adelaide - Brisbane.

Just wondering whether anyone can reconmend certain airlines to fly with?

Best days to travel for cheapest fares?

Frequent flyer schemes?

General info etc........

Thanks

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

I believe its a buyers market and airlins are all dropping their prices to compete, i would ring around and get a few prices, see who comes out cheapest.
    Virgin Blue is one of the cheaper but bigger airlines. Tiger is another but im not sure what routes they fly.
    Cal x

3. alles

alles New Member

last april me, 3 kids & 1 dog used virgin blue from adelaide to brisbane
    very good service, have a look at best flights .com to compare prices,
    think it was under $ 300 for us all.

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

Just 'pinched' this post off our other forum,,,
    Cheap Domestic Airfare Sale Till 8PM
    Jetstar Airways are having a Friday Fare Frenzy Sale from 4PM to 8PM AEDT today.
    Some examples of fares below,to book go to http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/cheap-f...renzy_20090213
    Please note that these fares do not include taxes and charges and conditions apply.
    also be aware that some return fares may be higher than sale prices,but these are pretty cheap deals.
    Sale now on until 20:00 AEDT Friday 13 February 2009, unless sold out prior.

Australian Domestic Routes Travel periods JetSaver Light# Fares $AUD

Adelaide - Brisbane 12 May - 2 Jun 09 $59
    Adelaide - Perth 12 May - 28 May 09 $69
    Brisbane - Newcastle Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only 4 Aug - 19 Aug 09 $9
    Brisbane - Rockhampton Tuesday, Wednesday only 10 Nov - 26 Nov 09 $9
    Brisbane - Townsville Not available on Friday and Sunday 3 Mar - 24 Mar 09 $49
    Cairns - Gold Coast 9 May - 26 May 09 $59
    Melbourne (Avalon) - Sydney Not available on Friday and Sunday 11 Aug - 27 Aug 09 $29
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Adelaide Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only 11 Aug - 27 Aug 09 $9
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Cairns Not available on Friday and Sunday 12 Mar - 30 Mar 09 $89
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Hamilton Island Not available on Friday and Sunday 12 May - 28 May 09 $79
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Hobart Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only 12 May - 26 May 09 $9
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Launceston Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only 11 Aug - 27 Aug 09 $9
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Perth 11 Aug - 27 Aug 09 $89
    Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Townsville 13 Mar - 23 Mar 09 $79
    Sydney - Gold Coast Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only 4 Aug - 20 Aug 09 $9
    Sydney - Fraser Coast Sydney to Fraser Coast not available on Friday Fraser Coast to Sydney not available on Sunday 11 May - 27 May 09 $29
    Sydney - Townsville 3 Mar - 24 Mar 09 $49

5. PommyPaul

PommyPaul New Member

Thanks guys, will check those out.

6. jan

jan Guest

def jet star I fly a lot to Adelaide to see my daughter, but I live at burleigh and fly from coolangatta, but you get good deals with them, went once with tiger airways rubbish, would never recomened them to any one, to long to go into the story, but thumps up for jet star. jan

7. PommyPaul

PommyPaul New Member

Thanks Jan. I never got round to updating this post as we have visited Brisbane & Gold Coast already and flew with Jetstar, no probs whatsoever, agree with you. We loved queensland and are in the process of selling our house and moving up there very soon. Brisbane is spot on and has everything we need, but our hearts were on the Gold Coast (2nd visit there). So we will be on the Gold Coast very soon!!!!!:biggrin:

8. jan

jan Guest

Hi Paul, good luck with selling your house, Were do you fancy living on the gold coast? We bought in reedy creek, 18 months ago, but we are letting it out, as we have got a kitchen factory down at west burleigh and it has a flat above it, so to get the buisness up and running we have moved into that, as there is only me and my hubby paul. How long have you been in Ozz?. We are here on a 163 buisness visa, as we were to old to come on a works visa, my hubby is carpenter by trade, but went into kitchen instalation, back in the uk, and had a buisness there for ten years, So the kids had flown the nest, and we have been coming here since 1994. for holidays as my hubbys brother is here, and we fell in love with it, It has been pretty hard work, and a lot of things have not gone right for us but we are sticking in out, and with the global reccision, fianacally it has taken its toll. But you just have to go to the beach at burleigh and I say to myself this is why we came, good luck and hope all your dreams come true on the gold coast jan & paul

9. PommyPaul

PommyPaul New Member

We liked Arundel, Ashmore, Robina, etc..... Problem is we have rolls royce taste, but mini money - any area advice gladly welcomed. We are going to rent just north of GC for now just incase I need to go to brisbane for work. As soon as we have sorted ourselves out we would like to settle in a good GC suburb. I work in construction, plastering etc.... though am looking to get out. We have been here since sep 08 and in that time have been tested to the limit. On a perm resident visa with a newborn and feel GC is the place to be!!!! Going to try and stick it out, it is very very hard at times, just need a little luck.:wub: