Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kirsty Hitch, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Kirsty Hitch

Kirsty Hitch Guest

I am absolutely over the moon to say that my Partner Visa has been granted after 4 months. It's been a long hard 4 months but we've finally got the outcome we were hoping for.

Only 9 weeks and I'll be on my way!

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting for their's to come through. Stick it out, it'll all be worth it in the end : )

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Congratulations Kirsty, its a great feeling isnt it ?lol

Cal x

3. srp

srp No longer active member

Hi,

Congratulations on getting the visa :biggrin:

4. Kirsty Hitch

Kirsty Hitch Guest

Thanks guys, so happy!!

Are you both already settled in Aus? What visa did you enter on?

From what I can see job opportunities (Legal Secretary) aren't looking too bad in Brisbane, would you agree? : )

5. cal

cal Super Moderator

We came years ago on the 136 visa (now replaced with a 175,,i think,lol) with hubbys trade as diesel mechanic.
    The best job sites to get a guide of whats around is seek.com and careerone.com,,,
    Good Luck with job hunting
    Cal x

6. toptowa

toptowa New Member

Woo hoo so glad for you. I've just popped on this morning to see if there was any posts like this. I've applied for my partner visa too in December and checking my emails everyday. I can't wait to get mine!

Where are you from and where you planning on moving too??? I'm from Manchester and moving to Brisbane hopefully in June/July this year :)

7. Kirsty Hitch

Kirsty Hitch Guest

Aww I wish you the best of luck with your application, I really hope you get yours through at 4 months like I did mine. If you do that's only one month to wait - eekkk!!! Excited much!!!

Remember to remain positive when the going gets tough. I thought it would be a breeze once I had an answer but I have been through a rollercoaster of emotions these last few weeks. I've been pretty stressed tying up loose ends, handing in notice, bank accounts, phone contracts etc etc but I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere : )

My partner is heading home the end of this month and I'm following the end of April so we have a month apart : ( I'm hoping that will help with the guilt/sadness of leaving my family behind cus I'll be so excited and concentrating on seeing him : )

Initially we'll be living in Noosa (my fav part of Aus) with relatives just until we find our feet. We'll rent closer to the city (probs North side) when we're working. I'm from Bristol and my fella is from Brisbane. Where is your partner from? Are you lining up work before you get there or just gonna wait and look when your there?

= )

8. Em_10

Em_10 New Member

Congrats! My husband came out to Australian on the prospective marriage visa about 5 years ago & received his permanent residence about 18 months ago. Great stuff!:jiggy:

9. beddy

beddy New Member

congratulations !!!!