Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Taylor5, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Taylor5

Taylor5 Guest

Hi everyone just thought I would introduce myself seen as I will be having a nosy at all of your threads :)

I'm Di I'm a 3rd year student midwife, married with 3 kids. We have been wanting to immigrate for years and see the Gold Coast as our aim. I qualify as a midwife in september (hopefully if I pass everything else I am due to take!) and I cant blummin wait this course has been a blummin roller coaster ride! I can't wait to get the ball rolling with moving over. I've been advised to not do anything yet just read through the forums, get all the info i need ready to put all the paper work in as soon as I have the experience required. so that's me :) and thank you in advance for all the brill info I will be reading xxxxxx

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Guys
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of luck with your plans, the Gold Coast is great place, there are so many nice areas hidden away from the tourist hustle and bustle that your sure to find somewhere you like.

Cal x

3. Kforsythklf

Kforsythklf New Member

Hi Di,
    likewise, we plan to be in Brisbane by late December this year, we are giving ourselves 11 months to get house sold, visa's sorted, and time to research schools etc...we have two children aged 10, 7 so settling somewhere family friendly is our top priority. We have an offer of some temporary accomodation in Hawthorne, so will see how that goes. good luck with the midwifery studies and I'll keep you posted of any good tips I get with regards to the whole emigrating to Brisbane adventure :) all good wishes, karen x

4. julieMHnurse

julieMHnurse Member

Hi Taylor, we sound in a very similar position. Im a 2nd year MH Nurse and I have a partner and 3 children. We really want to move to QLD, preferably the Gold Coast and are hoping to be there early 2015 depending on jobs of course!

Where abouts are you at present? Im at Nottingham Uni. It would be nice to keep in touch to see what stage your at, it may be nice to track each others progress along the way and share our ups and our downs!

How old are your children? Mine are 9, 7 and 2. Im hoping to introduce them to other children in a similar situation before we move to help them talk about their feelings and have someone to share the excitement with.

5. Kforsythklf

Kforsythklf New Member

Hi Taylor, Di and any others that share our circumstances,

it would be great to keep in touch with you both, to share experiences and tips along the journey of emmigrating, are either of you on Facebook? If so, and you would like to keep in touch, feel free to send me your e-mail addresses and we can hook up :)
    ...I am already making family and friends jealous with the daily Queensland Pics that keep coming through my Facebook ..I've liked the FB Queensland page, and am getting soooooo excited at the life we are hopefully soon to experience there...we plan to get to Queensland (Brisbane) by dec this year, there's just so much to think about...selling our house, applying for the visas and sorting out a job and accomodation, which will probably do once out there though. My two children..10 & 7) are quite chilled about the move, and are already on count down lol...
    Hope to hear from u both soon, take care and good luck with everything, Karen (from Derbyshire) x

6. Kforsythklf

Kforsythklf New Member

Ooops...and My message also applies to Julie too X

7. thehousehunters

thehousehunters New Member

You will all love the gold coast lifestyle...good luck with all your plans and QLD will be here with hopefully sunny sky's (not sure if you have been following the news or not but we have been belted by the weather this year) waiting to share our beautiful coast line.

8. Carol Baldwin

Carol Baldwin New Member

hi all, i too am hoping to go to Oz on a 457 visa but my job is a medical administration clerk. im confused as one agent says no i cant get in yet another says yes. i have to pay over £2000 to apply a visa and its too much money to be unsure if i qualify. i over 22 years experience in admin and 12.5yrs in the NHS but is this good enough to get a job?