Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by Stephen, May 24, 2010.

  1. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Hi , my son has been working and living in the Brisbane area for the last 18 months, his company are in the process of sponsorship, he is 22 years of age. he loves the life style and although he misses his family he wants to stay, live and contribute to society, and I for one as his farther are really proud of his achievements.

    problem is my son is being victimized by a long term resident, this individual has recently assaulted my son. up until yesterday my daughter also lived in OZ and was in business with this man, we have had to file a small claims court action as he has scammed almost $10,000 from the business he and my daughter set up. My daughter could take no more and although like my son wanted to spend the rest of her life in OZ, the strain and victimization suffered by my daughter has proven too much for a 19 year old girl and she is now back home with her family.

    my request to the expat community is this, I have visited Australia three times and I love the country and the people, my son also wants to make a new life for himself. Is there any one in the Brisbane that can offer some legal advice to my son, sit down with him and go over all the evidence he and my daughter have collected, and listen to their experience.

    the police are investigating the assault but although my son sustained facial damage and a broken finger they my not press charges, this combined with the possibility this individual has committed fraud is of great concern to me and my wife.

    my son has had to move out of his home and move in with friends, australian friends who are shocked at what my son and daughter have and are still going through

    please!, please! is there anyone out there that can spear my son some time to offer advice on how best proceed.

    Thenka steve

  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Hi Steve
    OMG i cant believe the police have said there may be nothing they can do, what this guy has done to both of your children is despicable and i truly hope he is punished for what he as done.

    In regards to advice my first thought would be to contact Cheryl Bird Bird Australian Migration Agency: Australian Visas & Immigration consultants

    She is an English migration agent based in Brisbane who im sure will know someone who may be able to help your son with the legal side of things, tell her i gave you her details on the forum

    Lots of luck with everything
    Cal x
  3. Rudi

    Rudi Relocation Brisbane

    Hi Steve

    I am really sorry to read that your son and daughter have had such an awful time. It must be so hard for you, being so far away.

    I had a quick look about legal advice and came up with this - Citizens Advice Bureau Inc | I don't know if they would be worth contacting and talking to?

    Good luck, I hope they get things sorted.


  4. Stephen

    Stephen Guest




  5. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    thanks, will do

  6. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Good Luck Stephen , i hope something can be done.

    Cal x
  7. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    thanks again, I'm traveling out on the 17 june to offer my son some suport,

Share This Page