Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by Pauline, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Pauline

Pauline Guest

Hi we are looking to move to Queensland in the next year. We are just looking for advice on everything please. My OH is a joiner to trade so obviously depending on where he gets work determines where we live and what schools the kids go to.

Does anyone know what area Joinery/Construction work is likely to be and going from their what areas would you advise us to live around. Not wanting to be in a city/town as we are used to village life or small town life but more importantly somewhere that the girls aged 10 and 5 will settle into quite easy.

Thanks
    Pauline

2. Rudi

Rudi Relocation Brisbane

Hi Pauline

I am sure there are lots of places which might suit you....and hopefully you will get some other replies about different areas....

I can't really help on whether the Bayside area would be good for work, but for families it's a great place to live! Good schools and parks, close to the water and just a nice feel to it. Have a look at places like Redland Bay, Thornlands, Ormiston etc. Somewhere like Redland Bay is a bit further out from the city - but has access to both Brisbane and the Gold Coast which might be useful. It is a smaller suburb, and although not a village, it is close to the countryside.

Love

Rudi
    x

3. jt95045AAAA

jt95045AAAA New Member

Hi

All the bayside is lovely but don't know how you would go for work.

Gladstone in Central Queensland is booming with work in construction and trades due to LNG project and lots of homes being built. Tannum sands & Boyne Island are perfect family areas with great public schooling and lovely beach & river. Best living there when your children are small as when they grow up around 18 ish there's not too much to entertain them. We stayed for 8 years and loved it now moved on.

4. Pauline

Pauline Guest

Thanks Rudi & JT thats given me areas to look into, much appreciated. Does anyone have any contacts on renting I hear you actually have to go view a place before you can rent but looking even for somewhere short term that we can book from here before heading out into the unknown.

Px

5. cal

cal Super Moderator

A good site for longer term rentals is www.realestate.com.au but your right ,you will really struggle to secure anything prior to arriving. Most familys stay in short term furnished or at one of the cabin parks. Stayz.com is a great site for short term rentals..

Cal x