Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by Mazza, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Mazza

Mazza Guest

Ok, so Im trying to get as much information as possible.

We are due to move to Brisbane before Christmas. Ive never been before so know exactly NOTHING about areas/schools/suburbs etc.

We are living in Perth atm and moving for hubbys work. He will be based in Darra and doesn't want to have too long a commute. We will be moving with a 4yr & (almost) 2yr old. The 4yr old is due to start school in Feb.

Can anyone give me some advice on suburbs not too far from Darra, that have good primary schools & a nice family feel to them pls?? Also, any areas to avoid are useful too!!

Feeling stressed at the thought of moving, let alone having to organise Christmas & also a school!! Seems like a massive feat!

Thanks in advance!

2. julieMHnurse

julieMHnurse Member

It may be a little far depending on the commute you are looking for but I have been checking out Lords private school in Ormeau, it has some great reviews on its Facebook site and from parents I have spoken to. Housing is reasonable and for us as a family we would have the benefit of being close to both the Gold Coast and Brisbane.

3. Hi there - there are some great suburbs around that area just slightly to the north - jindalee, riverhills, seventeen mile rocks (the first two you may need to be selective as a lot of the area is flood prone). Just over the river you have places like fig tree pocket, chapel hill, kenmore (that have some of the best state primary schools in Brisbane). All these would be within 15 to 20 mins commute. I suppose it depends what too long is to you and what you want from a suburb as to what will work well for you. If you put some more details on maybe we can narrow down further :)