Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by shellbell, Oct 4, 2006.

1. shellbell

shellbell Guest

Hi! My husband and I emigrated to the Gold Coast about a month ago and we are loving it!

Just thought I would say hello

xx

2. Mark'n'Ju

Mark'n'Ju Guest

Hi shellbell,
    where abouts on the Gold Coast are you?

3. shellbell

shellbell Guest

Hi!

We're in Runaway Bay. Are you on the Gold Coast too?

Michelle x

4. shellbell

shellbell Guest

Oops,

Just realised that you're in Pacific Pines!! That's just near us!

Maybe we could meet for coffee or something??

How long have you been here?

5. Mark'n'Ju

Mark'n'Ju Guest

Moved here iat the end of April
    I'm a carpenter and Ju works from home.
    Son Harry is 5 and daughter Ella is 3.
    We love it here.

6. shellbell

shellbell Guest

Hi again,

Sheldon works in IT and I also work from home. We don't have children as yet!

I'm really glad we made the move here and particularly the Gold Coast. Everyone is so friendly, we're feeling very at home already!

Any tips for good places to eat? We're still at the exploring stage and would love some recommendations...

Ta

7. Mark'n'Ju

Mark'n'Ju Guest

Unfortunatly not in the position to advise on good eating spots yet, as we havent been able to get out for an evening alone yet what with no babysiters. But I will say that you can't really go to far wrong with food at most taverns.Also heard that you get a decent feed at the Outback Spectactular.
    cheers, Mark

8. badeany

badeany Guest

moving to gold coast

im movint to gold coast in july 2007 and not exactly sure of what area to move to, iv never been to australia and can only read so much about it, would be nice to have some adive from some people who are already there. another thing, roughly how long does it take to get to brisbane city centre from the gold coast?
    ben

9. Australstar

Australstar Guest

Sun, sea & surf....asap, lol.

Hello to all,

I noticed that you are all Gold Coast based, or about to be.
    MY wife & I spent a few days on the Gold Coast a few years back, we liked it, but didn't really even scratch the surface.

In next few weeks we will have our visa's through & we are planning a holiday & visa activation trip out to Queensland in May '07.

We would like to know more about the Gold Coast, all the relevant things, such as, house prices, cost of living, transport, lifestyle, people etc.
    I know you will all be busy settling in & exploring your new home, but if you could spare a little time to reply, it would be greatly appreciated.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Trev & Jamie

10. Louise

Louise Guest

Student Visa

Hi to Trev & Jamie and to any one else,

We are also moving to the Gold Coast in June 07 and wondering where to buy property, also a place to rent when we get there.

We are going on a student visa and then hopfully going to apply for perminent residency after. Has anyone else done this?

Please speak soon!

Louise & Chris x

11. Australstar

Australstar Guest

Sunshine students

Hi Louise & Chris,

Well we are jealous!, as you will be residing in the Gold Coast this june on.
    We are going out to Brisbane in May '07, but it's for a holiday/visa activation come info gathering trip, before we move out to Queensland Permanently, sometime in the next 12 to 18 months.
    We have been out to OZ before, namely Sydney & Brisbane.

So your going out on a student visa, what period of time does this allow you?
    Does this visa type have any restrictions?
    Have you been to Oz/Gold coast before?

As far as places to rent when you first arrive & also buying a property, the best info is on the links on this site, such as 'our brisbane' & 'real estate.co.au', they give you lots of useful info.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Trev & Jamie x

12. Phyllis n Joe

Phyllis n Joe New Member

Hi all on the Gold Coast,

I'm new to the site and just to say hi!! We have lived on the Gold Coast for 7 weeks now living in upper coomera.

Phyllis

13. mikenkaren

mikenkaren Guest

Hi to all gold coasters

We have been here nearly a year and were at upper coomera, behind the servo near the oxford tavern. Just bought down at Sorrento so closer to it all.

Originally from North East England and starting to feel more like home.

Catch You soon :eek:

14. dave&jancook

dave&jancook Guest

Hi Mark & Ju

We are moving to Oz in the next 12 months just waiting for everything to go through. We are coming on a 175 visa. My hubby is a carpenter and I am a nail technition. We have 2 sons aged 14 and 10 and are really looking forward to getting there (We cant wait!!!)
    We have been looking at pacific pines it looks lovely. Whats it like? Is ther plenty to do and is it good for the kids?

Is there plenty of work for dave my o/h.?

From what i know about the place it sounds great.

Cheers
    Jan

15. cal

cal Super Moderator

Mike and Karen ,my friends must be very near you they too live at upper coomera not far from the servo,lol, its a very popular area with familys now ,lovely place too.

Jan ,i dont think your hubby will struggle securing work anywere on the coast its booming at the moment ,,
    good luck all you guys hope you love it as much as we do
    Cal x