Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ktee, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

This is a Mc Donald's food item can you guess what it is?

578258_287999787993032_2046758567_n.jpg

2. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It's what all fast-food chicken items are made of. It's chicken nuggets, patties, and the meat in fajitas... In addition the processed frozen chicken in stores is made from this.. Basically the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve... bones, eyes, feet, guts and all. It comes out looking like this... There is more, because it's crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, and soaked in it.. Then because it taste gross it is re-flavored artificially. Finally since it is weirdly colored like 'Pepto Bismol' pink, it is dyed with artificial color.. This is what people eat and feed to their children... Enjoy !!!

3. cal

cal Super Moderator

Urrgghh thats gross,, i must admit i 'went off' Macca's a while go and prefer to grab a Subway now a days

Cal x

4. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

That's it, job done, :wink: never been a fan of MacDonald's ..... but yuk, this is gross, thanks for sharing this beautiful image, and helping me overcome my rare junk food cravings :yes: I won't be able to sleep tonight, it looks like a pink Snake

5. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

I just still can't believe that's what a chicken nugget is.

6. Love Shoes

Me neither, it looks more like a pink merengue, just going to show it to the oh to see I he knows what it is, lol, will let you know his reply :wink:

7. Love Shoes

His reply .... It looks like the insides of a snake ......
    Told him what it was .... His reply ...... good God!

8. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

I just thought it was the strawberry milkshake.

9. cal

cal Super Moderator

I would have said its something to do with the Raspberry slushie thing if i hadnt read what it was,,lol

Cal x

10. milliem

milliem New Member

yeuch

Yeh I knew this was what they did with it. i had no idea it was germolene pink though. years ago I had a big jelly lump in a McChicken sandwich. That finished it for me. They do the same with processed ham and some other sliced meats. My brother says that hot dogs are just elbows, knees, snouts and arses. :laugh:

Millie x

11. Love Shoes

Yuk .... This is the best thread I've seen encouraging healthy eating, that's me done ..... no more processed grub :no: actually I might decide to try vegetarian again :yes:

12. tink

tink New Member

...........actually thought it was taramasalata..................and I love that......!
    ............but that's revolting..........never did like mc's chicken though....!

13. Geraldine

Geraldine Super Moderator Staff Member

Flippin eck...we are not fans of junk food generally but can't say I haven't eaten McDs ... Think I might show my kids this and try put em off for life lol ps showed this to my OH and he thought it was ice cream until I told him what it was since he has only ever eaten a fillet of fish it makes me wonder what that really looks like .....

14. Love Shoes

This got me to thinking 'would we knowingly eat dog food', I think I can speak for us all when I say 'no we wouldn't', yet we eat processed junk ...... it's awful when we think about what manufacturers pass off as edible, my oh read today that one major food manufacturer in the UK uses 100% horse meat in their Lasagne ...... We don't eat much processed food or ready meals, but this has really put me off it big style ....... I can't get the image of the pink snake thing out of my mind, maybe that's a good thing, ..... :yes: It's dog food for me in future, at least then I know I'm eating rubbish :biglaugh: I wonder what dog food tastes like ? ...... better or worse than a Big Mac :jiggy:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  15. nathe

nathe Guest

This is pretty much what Jamie Oliver brought to everyone's attention in the USA 12-18months ago as most school meals were / are made up with chicken and beef made up this way. Unsurprisingly the US tried to fob him off saying there was nothing wrong with serving their kids food made from cr-p and pretty much continue to serve it even now. They also reckon that milkshake, which has a ton of sugar in it, is better to serve to their kids as it tastes better so is better accepted. Go figure. Not sure if this too is still practiced but the parents of quite a few kids were rather perturbed by these facts being brought to the forefront. Simply put thier schools and the big junk / fast food manufacturers only care about one thing... profit.

16. Love Shoes

Yip it's disgraceful what they can get away with, neatly presented, in a fancy box et et.

I hate it when supermarkets deliberately stick sweets near the check outs, knowing that poor Mum is usually already harangued .... Then comes the 'can I have', not fair .......

Clever marketing, it might be, but it doesn't help the welfare of our children :arghh: we then get the government ramming healthy eating down our throats ....... Rant over :mad: oh they make me mad

17. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

ye there has been a big issue in uk at moment as major supermarkets were found to have a large amount of horse meat in beef burgers, althou horse meat is actually healthier its not as advertised and its get worse as they now found a lasagne to contain nothing but horse meat and its supposed to be beef. So now they having to test all beef products, remove them from the shelfs etc
    they all blaming each other and all saying they knew nothing about it but i think it just shows how often they actually test the products not as much as we all thought i would say.
    The uk is very big on ready made meals and to be honest i dont know anyone that doesnt use them, recently i have been trying to change my ways as i know when come over most things have to be made from scratch which i have enjoyed doing.
    Gone are the days of outdoor food markets most things are bought from supermarkets which is a shame.

18. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Surely it's also a matter for trading standards if you are buying BEEF lasagna and getting HORSE lasagna.

19. Love Shoes

It must be, I wonder when they will get on their high horses about it, all wrong IMO if they do nothing, if we made something, say for example I made a necklace and sold it saying it was Polymer Clay which is what I like to use, and it turned out to be wood I'm sure they'd be all over me ...... mind though I haven't sold any yet :wink:

20. lesleybruck

lesleybruck Member

You would think so wouldnt you, clearly something not right, i was talking to my parents about it earlier and said i bet it all comes down to money and use horse to make money, guess what today they have said just that they think companies have been using horse because its cheaper and the best yet is horse meat thats been condemmed! lol its laughable really