Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by Mamamegs, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mamamegs

Mamamegs Guest

Yahooooo!
    Hubby has been in Brisbane 3 wks now, as his mum is terminally ill and needs full time care in order to be at home.
    After a tentative nod from the high comm. in London we've finally booked flights for me and our 3yo to join hubby in November on our Australian adventure. I have a few friends in the city, but would be keen to meet up with like-minded, newly migrated people who can relate to what I am assuming will be a reasonably lengthy adjustment period! Esp interested in hearing tips and hints from people who are at similar/later stages of the process. Having to do most things while flying solo with DS & 2 dogs means I'm sure to forget lots of things! I would be heartened to hear positive doggy tales...we'll be living west side initially (bellbowrie) and I'm wondering where we can run our dogs off lead? We're spoilt for choice here in Yorkshire!
    Look fwd to sharing our journey with you all and hearing your stories & cautionary tales :D
    Megs