Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by KittenPie, Aug 10, 2012.

1. KittenPie

KittenPie Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm looking for information about Fernvale! I've already done quite a bit of research, and it's currently at the top of the list of suburbs we want to build our new house in. Any experience with Fernvale would be greatly appreciated! I mainly want to know if it's a safe area (not too "bogan"), quiet and family friendly. Thanks! :wink:

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi
    Fernvale and Lowood areas are doing some great land estates at the moment, so ideal if you want to build and want some space as the plots are a great size. You will have to be careful in pinpointing exactly where as some parts can flood. There is a shopping centre with Woolys etc for day to day shopping and its probably around 30 mins into Ipswich Centre for the big stores. Ipswich is also where the most of the jobs will be.
    Its a country place with a country feel and the people i have met whilst up there (i spend a bit time in Lowood) are nice genuine down to earth people.

Hope this helps a little
    Cal x

3. KittenPie

KittenPie Guest

Thanks Cal! :smile: The Honeywood estate is where we're interested in building, and it's flood free as far as everyone has told me.
    My husband is a bit worried about the amount of rentals in the estate, is this something we should be afraid of? Generally, I'm told, if there are more owned houses than rentals it's considered a good place, but if there are more rentals, it's cause for concern, especially if they are cheap rentals. I wouldn't know the exact ratio, but I'm assuming 50/50 until I find out more. I know a lot of people are renting while they're building their own houses in the estate. Anyway, it doesn't bother me as much as it does my husband; I think if we choose a good street, the rest of the estate won't really concern us too much.

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

Statistis mean nothing areas vary suburb to suburb.. You will know by driving around if its a decent place or not. If there are tons ofcrap in every garden and kids running feral in the streets ,then maybe look elsewere lol

Cal x