Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lorna Beel, May 30, 2012.

1. Lorna Beel

Lorna Beel New Member

Hi quick question we emigrate to brisbane 3 weeks today on 20th june we are staying in brisbane holiday village for 4 weeks i have 2 boys connor is 6 and ciaran is 2. I will have to get the 6 yr old enrolled in school but as we don't know yet where we will be living l cannot say which school he will be going to is there anything i can do before i leave the uk should i contact schools or leave it until we arrive in brisbane, i believe the schools are on holiday from june 22nd till 9th july, help as i am starting to get stressed out any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. nickandvicky

nickandvicky New Member

Hello Lorna, I cant help you on the schools.. but we are emigrating to Brisbane on the 22nd June! We have a 5 year old (6 in Sept) and 4 year old and a 1 year old.. the 2 oldest are boys and the youngest is a girl.. We are looking at Albany Creek and Sherwood as the areas.. you cant enroll in schools until you have an address...

3. lorna2610

lorna2610 New Member

Thanks for that where are you emigrating from where are you staying when you arrive are you excited

4. nickandvicky

nickandvicky New Member

Hello, we are emigrating from Bexleyheath in Kent.. do you know it? What about you?
    We are staying in Carina - a 4 week short let from brisbane bound.. they are excellent! We cant wait, so much to sort out when we get there! I will be starting work within 2 weeks of arrival! what about you?

5. Lorna Beel

Lorna Beel New Member

Hi yes I have heard of bexleyheath we lived in Leeds we sold our house moved out at the end of April and myself & the 2 boys moved up to Glasgow and in with family (myself & my hubby are originally from glasgow)until we fly out to Brisbane, we are staying in Brisbane holiday village for 4 weeks until we find a longer term let, my husband works in IT he does not have a job to go to but has been told by contacts we have in Brisbane and recruitment agents that he will get a job no problem, I probably won't work for about a year as I need to get the boys settled at school and nursery what is it you do? I'm excited but scared. Who is shipping your belongings to Brisbane we have used crown relocations and we are flying to Brisbane with emirates