Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Brisbane & South East QLD' started by neilix, Oct 29, 2012.

1. neilix

neilix Guest

Hi new here and looking for any information on moving to the gold coast, have looked at various locations on web and like pacific pines, is this an area that anybody knows or would reccommend ? .Thinking of coming over for a reccie in october 2013 i know its way off but commitments in uk wont let me come over any sooner. Any help gratefully appreciated. No visas yet still early stages.

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have you arranged work on the GC ?as lots of trades are struggling a little at the moment so jobs can be hard to come by for new migrants.

There are lots of nice areas on the coast it all depends what you want in an area and what you want near by. Personally i like the hinterland end of the coast Pac Pines is the GC mini england with lots of migrants living there, feedback is you either love it or hate it, the 2 negatives ive heard quite a bit are the high school isnt great and its a rabbit warren of an estate (very like a uk estate).. A few of my favorite suburbs on the coast are Jacobs Well, mudgerraba, coolangatta and Kirra, all would be worth a look imo.

Good luck and i hope this helps a little

Cal x

3. neilix

neilix Guest

Hi Cal,
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, its great to know there are people in oz willing to help like you, i will maybe have to rethink locations. It is still so new to me and daunting

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

If you can secure work on or within a decent commute of the coast you should be fine, there are more nice places then dodgy areas so dont worry too much. As i say work is the biggy, find that and then explore areas.
    Yell if you need any more info and there are a few of us around who will do our best to help.

Cal x