Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by The Bray Family, Aug 16, 2008.

  1. My son will be 17 before we move to brisbane. He is wanting to learn to drive, is it best to put him through his driving test here in the uk or wait till we get to aus. If he passes his driving test before we move will he get a full licence when we arrive in aus? Or will he have a restricted licence ?

  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    im pretty sure that unless he has held a full licence for over a year he will still be restricted here,hope this helps a bit ,try the dept of transport website for more detailed info
    Cal x
  3. Ausinfo

    Ausinfo Guest

    I suggest getting the UK licence if he can. He "may" just be able to swap it straight over to a full one. QLD isn't red hot all the time on checking these things out.

    Learning to Drive in QLD:
    If you are under 25 years old, and do not have a Learner Licence, you will have to complete 100 hours of recorded logbook driving with Qualified Instuctors or with friends or family.

    However, a one hour lesson with an accredited driver trainer will count towards three hours in your learner logbook, up to a maximum of 10 x one hour sessions.

    Therefore; if you do 10 hours with a Driving instructor and 70 with Family, you get the full 100 hour credit.

    Driving experience recorded in an approved logbook from a prescribed country (including the UK) to a maximum of 50 hours can count towards your 100 hours driving experience.

    Once you have passed your practical driving test, you will receive a provisional licence.
    If you are under 25 years, you will receive a P1 provisional licence.
    If you are 25 years or older, you will receive a P2 provisional licence.
    P1 provisional licence holders must pass the hazard perception test in order to graduate to either a P2 provisional or open licence
    If you are under 25 years of age, you must hold a P1 provisional licence and display red P-plates on your car before progressing to a P2 provisional licence.
    On a P2 licence you are required to display green P-plates on your car.
    If you are over 25 years, you will commence at the P2 stage and must display green P-plates.

Share This Page