Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by medium49, Mar 26, 2010.

  1. medium49

    medium49 Guest

    hi, me and my partner are emigrating to brisbane in 2 years, i currently dont have a trade or any qualifications but my partner is a midwife, i am looking at getting my class 2 then my class 1 driving licences. i believe they dont count for anything in oz? would i have to train again and resit my tests when i get there? also what driving categorys are there in oz? does anybody know if adr and cpc counts for anything, and finally is it expensive to obtain all categorys on an australian licence as i might just wait untill i get there and do the lot!

    any help would be brilliant, thanks.
  2. srp

    srp No longer active member

    I believe only a car or motorbike licence is transferable, heavey goods and Bus licences have to be local, i do not believe that they accept UK class 1 or any other.

    Hopefully someone else may have more detailed info for you, but if you google queensland driving it should take you to the site to look at how they work here.
  3. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Colin is right only car and motorbike are eligible for a straight swap, ANY truck licence does have to be gained here. Have a look at the QLD transport link i found you as it explains all the different categorys here
    Licence classes and codes

    Good Luck and i hope this helps
    Cal x

Share This Page