Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by marlee127, Jul 29, 2012.

1. marlee127

marlee127 Guest

hi all! i plan on moving to QLD in a year but I'm having trouble setting a budget. I'd be on a working holiday visa doing things like waitressing and living in a cheap apt but i cant find info on day to day living expenses. any help or sources? thanks!

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

It will be very difficult to pin down costings as they vary so much ,not only from person to person but from suburb to suburb and house to house. Everyones 'ideal' living standard is different. You are best to be very fruitful with the cash on arrival for a month or so until you know what things are costing you and what regular income you will have.

Good Luck and i hope you have a lot of fun, Queensland is a great State.
    Cal x

3. A good idea would be to look on different websites to have an idea of the cost of groceries, transport and the like. Try www.woolworths.com.au for groceries and www.translink.com.au for transport. You will find that these two indispensable services are substantially more expensive than in Europe.

Philippe, for
    Open House Realty Group

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  4. marlee127

marlee127 Guest

thank you :D one last question is if anyone has sources that i could price jobs? im trying to find an estimate of how much a waitress or bartender or receptionist would make per week

5. fish.01

fish.01 Member

Hi marlee, on average Australians earn in dollars roughly 2.2 times a british wage in pounds....so 100 pounds a week is equivalent to $220. As a rough guide if you convert salaries and costs at this rate it will give you a rough guide. For example, groceries are roughly similar to UK prices at this 2.2 rate.

Do not convert at the exchange rate for salaries or cost of living earning aussie dollars...it is pointless.