Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Travel & What's on' started by toomanykids, Aug 21, 2012.

1. toomanykids

toomanykids Guest

Hi All

We are looking at living around Wellington point (we think, any other suggestions welcome), we've read that the commute into Brisbane is a nightmare, is this true??

Thanks

Emma

2. Angela.C

Angela.C Guest

Hi Emma
    Not sure about Wellington point, but friends of ours who are in kenmore hills advise to choose an area that is close to rail links as the traffic commuting to Brisbane can be pretty horrendous! My husband is moving over from the UK in October and we will join him once the house sells (hopefully soon). It will be good to hear what you think of the suburbs and where you settle. Good luck.
    Angela x

3. fish.01

fish.01 Member

Hi Emma, I guess everyone has different commute amounts they consider a nightmare...I would shoot myself living out on the bayside but others would consider it a doddle :) At least it's closer than Cleveland :)

I can't help with the drive but the train timetable is here if you haven't found it already: http://jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/network-information/trains/cleveland

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. fish.01

fish.01 Member

Kenmore is a particular bad example. Many people reportedly won't live past Indooroopilly as you then get stuck on Moggill Rd which is prone to bottlenecks.

I wouldn't confine yourself to trains as some bus routes are no-where near as slow as this one plus some have dedicated bus roads.

5. Traffic in Brisbane IS a bit of an issue. Not only is there too many cars for the available infrastructure - and it's not going to get any better - but Queensland drivers are also the most oblivious/dangerous I've seen (and I travelled a lot!).
    Commuting by train definitely is the best option, as once you are in the city you can easily get anywhere on foot or hop on a bus for a short ride.
    Good luck!
    Phil, for
    Open HOuse Realty Group